Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reporting SMS SPAM?

• 19-05-2003 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

Just got spammed this morning (You have won E300 in holiday vouchers....)

Who do I report them to ?

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

After getting a dose of three last month, I decided it might be interesting to put together a web site that takes in SMS Spam reports so we can see who the offenders are, the frequency etc.

It's really an SMS Spamcop type site (eventually).

Pretty bare bones at the moment, but if anyone is interseted in helping out or just throwing in some more real SMS spams for me to test on, it would be great:

http://www.sms-spam.com

Ronan

PS: Corinthian, isn't that address only for SMS spams referencing premium rate landline numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK.... reported!

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I got one last week that said i could remove myself by texting back a premium rate no. So i have to pay to get Dublin Daily to stop texting me, what th F$*k is that about????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by uberwolf
    I got one last week that said i could remove myself by texting back a premium rate no. So i have to pay to get Dublin Daily to stop texting me, what th F$*k is that about????

I get SPAM sms "from IOL.ie" advertising competitions for concert tickets for Justin Timberlake or other cr@p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Yeah, I'm getting those "from IOL.ie" ones too.
    I spent 20 mins on iol.ie a few days ago trying to find a contact form/email address that I can send a request to be removed, but nothing in sight.

I eventually sent one to support@iol.ie, which is listed in their help section (for internet access). Still no word back, but I'm not surprised.

I do recall using iol.ie for free SMS messages, but that was at least 18 moths ago, so it's not so much the fact that I'm receiving the messages, but that there is no way to unsubscribe.

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by misterq
    I do recall using iol.ie for free SMS messages, but that was at least 18 moths ago, so it's not so much the fact that I'm receiving the messages, but that there is no way to unsubscribe.
    Caveat Mendicaus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

If you contact O2 customer care (assuming your on their network) they will make sure it doesnt happen again.

Emmo

Advertisement