Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest house in Ireland

Options
  • 19-05-2003 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

OK I'm bored, so I did a search of MyHome.ie for the cheapest house in Ireland (under €50,000 and it has to have a roof) by county.

Here are the results:
    Co Cork - €50,000Lomanagh, Coolea, Co Cork hn000242_t.jpg

Co Kerry - €50,000Faha Cottage, Killarney, Co Kerry cn000421_t.jpg
    Co. Limerick - €50,000Carrickerry, Co. Limerick re000207_t.jpg
    Co Mayo - €30,000Knock, Co Mayo 1jimmyfinnsmall.jpg
    Co. Monaghan - €25,000Cullentrabane, Laragh, Castleblaney, Co. Monaghan DSCF0003.JPG
    Co Tipperary - €38,000Curryquin, Dolla, Nenagh, Co Tipperary tt000637_t.jpg
    Co Westmeath - €50,000Cummerstown, Collinstown, Co. Westmeath dd000258_t.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

My God, I planned to never own a home in Ireland due to the cost (mainly). I can reconsider now. Just bring down the insurance prices and I can afford to live here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alir123

You'd have to put in another 50k to make them livable & also theyre probably miles away from nearest big town.
    Also there is one or two there........you're paying for a site, because the cottages are so old, its better knock them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirl

€30,000 for a house in Knock, but please, who would live in Knock:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Religious people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirl

Can you imagine being a kid growing up there. V. fcuked up

• Advertisement

Grow up in Knock, Go to College in Maynooth, return as a priest - the perfect location for fanatical parents to bring up their kids.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

is that the swwet sound of duelling banjo's I can hear in the background? hmmm, maybe its just the wind..... a word spings to mind.....
    "deliverance!"
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Altogether now...

"Ding Ding Ding.. Ding Ding.. Ding Ding Ding Ding"

Squeel like a pig boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Com'on leave Knock alone. It can't be all that bad? Anyone here from Knock?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PH01
    Com'on leave Knock alone. It can't be all that bad? Anyone here from Knock?
    We stopped there once when passing through on a school tour. Lots of people trying to sell us rosary beads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by alir123
    You'd have to put in another 50k to make them livable & also theyre probably miles away from nearest big town.
    Also there is one or two there........you're paying for a site, because the cottages are so old, its better knock them.

It wouldn't take that much to make a house liveable. As long as it has a good roof, windows, minimum damp, - a couple of grand would make any of these OK to live in. Surely?

Advertisement