Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Receiving the Connected Signal

Options
  • 19-05-2003 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I've bought a D-Link ADSL Modem Card and I had not recieved a call from Eircom to say my line had been activated but i plugged it in recently and have been getting a connected signal!!!

Eircom have not sent me out a cd just the microfilter set, and my password and username can i get the Broadband Set-up without using the CD, if so how do i go about doing this!! Cheers for any advice!!

ronan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TU154

call them and tell them you don't have the cd of course. same thing happened a mate who was doing the same install. seems a bit too complicated for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You could just download RASPPPoE if you have net access and use that to connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 idnb

When I installed the drivers for my D-Link dsl-200 modem it installed an icon on the desktop & in the dial-up networking section. I set it up as the default dial up connection and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    You could just download RASPPPoE if you have net access and use that to connect.

I second that !, had lots of problems initially getting my i-stream line to work in xp , somebody recommended RASPPPoE ..and 15 mins later i wsas all hooked and ready to go, so if you've got your user name and pass already give it a shot.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

I rang and asked for a cd alright, then when someone from Eircom rang to say the line was activated, i told him i did'nt get a cd!!

I'm still waiting, but in fairness to the second guy he said it would be the end of this week at the latest!!

Could the fact the DSL-200 is a usb modem and the 100D being a PCI be the reason the 100D is not working?? I've seen posted on one or two different forums that PCI modems can be a little stubborn?

Do you connect using the Dial-Up icon that is installed to your desktop? does it matter what the number is that you dial, i've tried leaving it blank, i've tried 0 and 1.

The small icon that loads fom the diagnostic tools (loads into bottom right tray) Do you connect this first? I've tried connecting one and not the other and all sorts of combinations but still no luck???

The PPPoE.com program will not work, when installing it, it said something about not finding drivers for this modem, In the troubleshooting on that site, it reads that it's only for Ethernet Cards, I totally unsure about this but I've been led to believe their different to PCI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

There is no number to dial..leave that field blank.

And no it doesnt need an ethernet adapter, STRONGLY recommend downloading rassppoe and READING the instructions!!

If you wish i can post a few screenies if you like?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

so i suppose he posted this thread via thought projection?ww)

I did read the instructions, possbily not accurately enough though! I will try again and see what happens??

Don't bother yourself to much with the screens, i will try readin the instructions again and see if i can get it to work??

If i don't i'd love to see the screenies :p

Well, there we are, the wonder of the modern PC.

I uninstalled the drivers for the DSL-100D. Re-Installed them, tried it again and here i am. Logged in on my DSL account????????????????

Advertisement