Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nwn 19-05-03

Options
  • 19-05-2003 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Righty, we are currently running around the planes of hell (well the abyss) trying to find our way to one particular plane.

I have found some information that might help:

The planes are approx 49x49 areas wide, but only two or three are mapped. The map is re-used but a co-ordinate is given. The conduit transfers you to a destination depending on your co-ordinates.

So, while Cerano entered the same portal as me at the same time, I had run more west than he had, so my X axis co-ordinates were different. Cerano went to a different destination than me.

What we need to find/buy are amulets of planar navigation which will give us our co-ordinates and let us work out how to get to the same destination when we go through conduits.

Are people getting bored? I would suggest that we try this mod for this week and if we are no further along, we leave it and I'll have a look for a replacement.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Doli

Hello fellows,
    I just think it all sounded a little too ... troublesome especially since i havent entered the portal yet... i didnt care for running around all alone in those planes.
    Sorry i didnt post it until now. But i just made a quick choice to see "the matrix" on the TV with my girlfriend instead...
    And unfortunately i have to work evening shift on wedneysday again so i wont make it then either!
    I hope you enjoy though.
    See you ... soon
    Doli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I saw lolth and cheese play yesterday. Did you guys get through the module? or will it be on on wed again?

cya
    - Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Sorry i could not make it last night... what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Well, last night was mainly to test a theory more than anything else and yes, we ahve found a way not only to tell where we are on a plane, but also to predict where a portal will lead and why people go to different locations when they enter the same portal.

Lomir was first to find the Palace of Glyphimir which is also known as Orcus Gate and leads to the City of Orcus (a nasty place indeed), beyond that we entered the City of Liches, also quite a nasty place. Then we took a wrong conduit and ended up back in Pazunia.

So, we decided to test the navigation theory and lo and behold, after some mucking about we've worked it out :)

All planes have co-ordinates x,y which determine where a portal will lead to when you enter it. (x = east west, y = north south). It is possible to move , say north (the negative y axis funnily enough) and reappear on the same screen as the rest of your party who never moved, however while their co-ordinates are 0,0 , yours will be 0,-1 which means that if all of you enter the same portal at the same time the rest of the party will go to one destination but you will go somewhere else.

Myself and BC have amulets of Planar navigation and I think we all start off in the abyss.

Considering two of us would have made it to Orcus' palace except that we took a wrong conduit, and now we can avoid doing that, I think we have a very good chance of finishing it on wednesday :)

ps. got some lovely armour for one of the fighters, and BC picked up a nice double axe if anyone is interested. Not much treasure apart from that, but we earned about 6000xp each.

pps. Lomir found the palace last week, he wasnt there last night. However, as far as I can tell, the portal to glyphimir is the first portal you find on Pazunia, the first plane you enter.

and just for fun:

Layer 0: Pazunia
    Layer 1: kaga Thun
    Layer 2: Aashaabi (the one with the white dragons) and portal from 1,2 there leads to layer 6
    Layer 3: Yeeghu

Layer 6: Vezrack (Lolth's lair)

I am assuming Layer 7 is Glyphimir which we have to get through unless we can find a portal to the City of Liches - which myself and BC did but then took a wrong conduit again (this was before we worked out the portals.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

sounds like it could be more interesting now... I might not be able to play tonight.. or if i do i could be late.. we will see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

hi just wondering if you guys are playing tonight? Haven't played before and haven't any haks installed.

I know this is short notice but any help would be great.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yep, game is on tonight. No hak required, just make sure you are patched up to the latest release.

See you on games2.iol.ie about 8:30 :)

(we are hopefully finishing a scenario (and campaign) tonight, but we'll level you up if you are too low).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Great, thanks. Just checked and the version is up to date. Is it possible to go online and mess around? I tried once before but kept getting shocked or something............

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I might pop in tonight to check whether I'm still getting lagged to hell. Maybe the problem is gone now. If not, well... I hope it's the module...

Advertisement