Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls Aloud - The Four of Us - Sound of the Underground

Options
  • 19-05-2003 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

I was listening to the radio last month (Irish breakfast show, possible Ray D'Arcy?) and they played a cover version of Girls Aloud `Sound of the Underground', covered by the Four of Us. It was a bit good.

It was very like Travis singing Britney Spears' `Baby One More Time'. (if you havnt heard this download the mp3, it ROCKS).

Has anyone got the mp3 or a CD with it it on it that they could email me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Ray D'Arcy gets all of his musical guests to do a cover of a chart song... Damien Rice did Pinks Get The Party Started... quite good... some of em are just dire though....

Ugh!

Anyway.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk

It was very like Travis singing Britney Spears' `Baby One More Time'. (if you havnt heard this download the mp3, it ROCKS).

Didn't Fountains of Wayne do that before Travis? And possibly Mr Bungle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Oh my _god_ dbc, don't you know _anything_?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Ray D'Arcy gets all of his musical guests to do a cover of a chart song... Damien Rice did Pinks Get The Party Started... quite good... some of em are just dire though....

Glen Hansard was on the Ray D'Arcy show today and he done an acoustic cover version Justin Timberface's "Cry Me A River" and very good it was too!!!!

Have to agree though, some of the cover versions are Bruuuuuutal!! But every now and again you get a gem like Kieran Goss's version of "Underneath Your Clothes" I think it was a Shakira song?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i just send our ray an email to see do they have electronic copies of the music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I've most of the ray darcy "covers" on mini disk. Some have been great. This morning he had Glen hensard doing justin timberlakes "cry me a river" and it really worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

ya i've heard that cover of 'Sound of the Underground'. its pretty
    fcukin good now. travis' version of 'Baby one more time' is
    another good one, have it. another great one is Jack L's cover
    of 'I Can't Get You Outta My Head' by kylie.

Advertisement