Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 mod would it be possible

Options
  • 19-05-2003 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭

i saw the website with the super nintendo case mod and it got me thinking that a ps2 would be good for a case mod. think about it ps2 has usb, a dvd drive, space for a hard drive, a fan, and controler ports- could this make ita viable option for case mods?? has anyone done it, or is selling them online? :confused:

tell me what u think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Id say youd need a VERY small mobo.

And who would be willing to break up a PS2 (unless its broken beyond repair of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

nope.

it's been done already, didnt fit and needed a lot of modding. The HD, a few IDE cables and power cables were sticking out the back. Also, the PS2 is too thin for it to fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I'd say it's very possible. A VIA Eden board, a laptop dvd (unless you're gonna hack open a PS2 and use the one thats already there. If you get stuck for room you could always use a laptop harddrive too. I'd say your only problem would be the PSU, if it can't fit you could extend the cables, wrap them in some nice braiding and make it an external PSU. They're becoming quite acceptable for small projects such as this!

An Xbox would be a far more viable option though, either way you can get empty cases here. £9.99 sterling for PS2, £19.99 sterling for Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Someone put a sony vaio in a ps2 case.
    Didnt cuut holes for ides or anything.
    I saw it on korea mod ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

i have seen one of them very messy looking wires everywere no good.:ninja:

• Advertisement
Advertisement