Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Whitening

• 19-05-2003 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a quick way of whitening teeth. without the Expensive Dentist option. some kind of home kit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Get thee to a chemist. A friend years ago swore by them. Her sister sent them over from the states as they expensive over here. Its a gum-shield you fill with a gel. Trying to develop an american style smile ?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Just want to lighten the oul choppers a shade or two. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

i know you said avoid the dentist but have you priced having your teeth polished? its not that expensive afaik but its also not as effective....ie it doesnt make em as white as snow but it definetly makes em lighter......

oh and have you tried a toothbrush?*

*joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

One thing I came across on a similar thread before was that a few years back (early-mid 80s I think) there was an eppidural which had the side effect of tainting the colour of the infants teeth.
    They were never quite white, looking *slightly* yellow. This cannot be removed, thogh it may be possible to bleach the teeth or cover it up a bit.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    One thing I came across on a similar thread before was that a few years back (early-mid 80s I think) there was an eppidural which had the side effect of tainting the colour of the infants teeth.
    They were never quite white, looking *slightly* yellow. This cannot be removed, thogh it may be possible to bleach the teeth or cover it up a bit.

Nail on the head syxpak. thats exactly what the story is with me.
    im hoping i can sort it out a bit though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, I've an idea I'm like that too, which is what brought it to mind.
    Wrigley's are making a mint with those whitening chewing gums.

(did you see what I did there? mint, wrigley's, chewinggum - classic)

Must look into it.
    Bleaching seems like an option...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

get your toothpaste, wash your teeth as normal, when your finished wash out your mouth as normal, but that isint it!!!!

get a small amount of toothpaste on your finger and put it around your mouth and around your teeth and leave it there, try not to wash it away with your salivia or play with it with your tongue....

i tried it for a few months and it definitely made a difference...

lol, im chowin down on some of that Wrigleys Whitening Gum right now. ill try the home kit first and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i got some colgate teeth whitening from the states.
    its like a little tub of glue and you paint it onto your teeth when you have brushed, and it lightens the teeth.
    does work, although it takes a few weeks for you to notice a real difference.
    costs about 20dollars or something.

you can probably buy it over the net.
    you can also get colgate plastic patches that you fold over your teeth and leave for half an hour, but the taste hoorible and leave a slimey feeling in your mouth like youve just given a blo, never mind :)

go fo rthe whitening paste stuff. its the biz and only takes 30 seconds inthe morning/evening

Im going to the states this Saturday for a week so ill pick some up while im over there. nice one ww)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement