Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help The Crazy Girl.

Options
  • 19-05-2003 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Okie dokie..

For some reason I started singing this song in class today & now I can't stop. Singing the same line over & over & over & over, to be precise..

"She comes in 16 colors, she'll suck your money dry".

Any ideas what the name of the song it comes from is? & who sings it? It's some really naff, cheesy, bouncy song, if that helps.

It's great. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

awwww sweet jesus!! why did i have to open this message???

now i cant think of the song but that line and tune are goin round my head!!

damn you:eek: dam you to hell:mad:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

My work here is done :p ..

.. now I just need to wait for someone to end my torment & tell me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's called 'Autophilia' by the Bluetones. You can get it on their album 'Science and Nature'

My spirit & I thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

donnie darko,excellent movie!

• Advertisement

Yep. One of my favourites ever since I was peer-pressured into watching it.

I work in xtra-vision(for my sins) and reccommend it to everyone, event the idiots who i know wouldnt understand it (at least they can listen to the soundtrack)

Any of ya see Requiem for a dream or Pi?

I bought it in XtraVision & the girl pissed herself laughing at me.. scary that.

It does have an excellent soundtrack.

hey there's no andidote for ignorance! what store was it? i'll hunt her down and batter her with a fluffy wabbit

The one in Rathmines, in the Swan Centre. It affected me deeply, the horrible, horrible girl.

& no I haven't seen Req for a Dream or Pi. I want to see R.F.A.D though.

• Advertisement

Aww definitely see RFAD !!! its one of my favourite films, its even better than Donnie Darko and once again the soundtrack is quality, especially the signature tune

Pi is quality, in case ya dont know the one i'm talkin about its the mathematical symbol Pi on the cover, another amazing film and soundtrack, a bit darker than RFAD but just as good

Also the other one i always reccommend - compulsory viewing is - Bowling for Columbine

I've always wanted to see Bowling for Columbine.. never did. I'll buy it on video. Read his book "Stupid White Men" though. That's so amazing.

I recommend it.

If ya liked Stupid White Men ya should definitely get Bowling For Columbine

also ya should read a few books by John Pilger or Noam Chomsky, they're the guys Moore gets his inspiration from, they're pretty heavy reading, and ya can't read to many of those type of books in a row cos ya end up all full of rage and banging fire extinguishers off planes in Shannon, but if ya want to know why the world is how it is, they're the best source of info.

Originally posted by ThatBloke
    ...ya end up all full of rage and banging fire extinguishers off planes in Shannon...

Who says I'm not already? :)

I'll take your suggestions into account but for now I'm off to get some sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by ThatBloke
    If ya liked Stupid White Men ya should definitely get Bowling For Columbine

also ya should read a few books by John Pilger or Noam Chomsky, they're the guys Moore gets his inspiration from, they're pretty heavy reading, and ya can't read to many of those type of books in a row cos ya end up all full of rage and banging fire extinguishers off planes in Shannon, but if ya want to know why the world is how it is, they're the best source of info.
    Yep Chomsky is the man (I chose Chomsky as my DJ name =P) ... The Chomsky Lecture series are an excellent introduction to his ideas. Since they are all written in conversational English rather than Chomskys writing style, which is complex (he's a professor of linguistics don't ya know).

You can get his books and lectures on CD at:
    www.alternativetentacles.com

I must check out some Pilger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Sweet, you like Donnie Darko too? That film is execellent. Crazy but excellent. Listen to 'Gary Jules - Mad World' -you'll know it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Yes donnie darko, pi and boling for columbine are all brilliant this is really starting to look like the film board but who cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 skinnybassist

I'd have to agree with everyone on Donnie Darko..really good.........Requiem for a Dream isn't bad either.

Another two films I'd definitely recommend would be
    Jacobs Ladder and Altered States........two of my all time favourites!

Book-wise anyone who hasn't read anyhting by Hermann Hesse is missing out! . Or Nausea by Jean-Paul Sarte.

Jacobs Ladder is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

hermann hesse.. nice

Roger and Me is abetter film by micheal Moore, i think.

whats with all the anti american vibes?
    you'd swear that all 255 million people were in on it hehe.

requiem for a dream is good.... and jennifer connely is hot.
    but one must be warned that it's not to be taken lightly.
    a good sit down is essential.

• Advertisement

agree, its definitely a film you need to lock the door and turn off the lights for, just like Donnie Darko

got out talk to her (hable con ella) and rabbit proof fence tonight, heard they were good, anyone seen em?

Haven't seen Rabbitproof Fence. Heard it was excellent though. Really touching, hard-hitting, factual & some other stuff.

Haven't heard of the other 1.

Just watched Chasing Amy & Mallrats for the umpteenth time. Classic(s).

Talk to her is a spanish film by Pedro Almovodar, he is quality, dont wanna be all pretentious/artsy being into foreign films, but his films are always amazing, obre los ojos was made into an english version, Vanilla Sky, but the original was far superior

Honestly dont think I've seen Chasing Amy, Mall Rats kicks ass, its just a shame its been ripped off so much in recent years, and also the fact that Affleck has sold his soul puts me off watching it aswell

Only good thing about Vanilla Sky was Jeff Buckley on the soundtrack.. & Cameron Diaz.

Oh you should see Chasing Amy.. It's not really a classic in the To Kill A Mockingbird way but it's just.. so funny.

& yeah, Ben Affleck is a huge sellout but at least he's getting buckets of money for it. & a cheap date as a wife.

The fact that he's dating Jennifer Lopez and doing **** films for loadsa money is exactly how and why he's a sell out!!

You can have your money!! I'd rather have a soul

Looking at Jennifer Lopez & her amazing everlasting multiple marriages, I'd say that after one drink she's anyone's. So I don't blame him for taking advantage of her. She's loaded & she's his meal-ticket. But yeah, he's a twat. I'd still prefer money over a soul though.

Any other good movies I should check out?

The man who wasnt there (i think its called tis about a barber) is pretty damn good and my favourite film of the year mulholland drive excellent movie (dave lynch is a genius)

Saw Insomnia last week, thought it was pretty good, to be honest, as I said I work in XtraVision and i can count the good films that have come out in the last 6 months on one hand

also the worst film I have possibly ever seen is Boat Trip, i was made watch it in work, it has no redeemable qualities

What has happened to Cuba Gooding Jr. ??

so true,
    However last year was a good year three of the best films i ever saw came out last year and dont forget lord of the rings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Mulholland drive.....That film was completely off the wall.......crazy stuff. My parents want to get it out, and for me to explain it to them.........Bollox

Advertisement