Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

form mail problem

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Script appears to be running ok directly at http://irishmusicnetwork.net/cgi-sys/FormMail-clone.cgi

What is the error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Your variables look fine, have you added the domain 'eircom.net' into the recipients array?

Look for the line -

@recipients = &fill_recipients(@referers);

and make it look like......

@recipients = &fill_recipients(@referers,'eircom.net');

Also make sure that the referers array has the ip address of the webserver that the script resides on.

e.g.
    @referers = ('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx');

But as steve says, the error generated should be of more help in narrowing it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

Hi,

You might want to try this form to mail script that I wrote. It just requires you to change the form variables. The script has to sit on a windows server but if you don't have one, I have it sitting on one of our domains. If you want to post to the script on one of our domains, just PM me for the link.

http://www.aspin.com/func/content-review?id=4828010&rid=

Regards,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

The latest FormMail script (and clone of it I assume) has some nice features with regard to security.

You can specify the ip of machines allowed to send mail through it, and limit the domains to which mail can be sent to.

If it did not, like your own one, it opens it up to abuse. If I found the link to your script on your server then I could write a script to spam whoever I wanted and it would all come from your own mail webserver.

Bad idea, it eats your bandwidth and will make your ISP mad (let alone the people who recieve the spam mail and track it back to your webserver) :)

Id highly recomend adding these features for version 1.2 of your script.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thanks for the help guys I'm gonna try and figure out the problem using the tips you gave me and if I can't I hope to god theres a very nice person around here who will fix it for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement