Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ardee

Options
  • 19-05-2003 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Did a net search for broadband providers here in Ardee, Co. Louth and came up with http://www.net1.ie who are apparently launching here on June 16th. Anyone know anything about this company or what they are offering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

haven't a clue, might give them a telephone call over lunch and see what I can squeeze out of them. I wonder if this has grown out of digiweb ? (i.e. using the €11,000 in grant aid the govt. gave them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

is when Chorus lose the 3.5Ghz spectrum Ray.

these lads musta expressed interest!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

Thanks for the call from IOFFL regarding our plans. We are currently very focused on lighting up Ardee and Monaghan, as these are the first two towns on our list. Afterwards will come Drogheda, Navan, Dundalk, Carrickmacross and parts of S. Armagh, S. Down not serviced by BT. Our service will not be in the ex Chorus 3.5Ghz spectrum, but in the 2.4Ghz ISM band. At the moment it looks as if we will be using the Alvarion Base and CPE solution as it appears to be the defacto standard for "carrier grade" wireless connectivity.
    We had hoped to launch earlier this year, however it has taken us over 6 months to get the bandwidth we require for this project at a price that could be afforded. We have now more or less completed these negotiations and hope to have the ball rolling very soon.
    Any further questions may be emailed to info@net1.ie, alternatively we will check back here quite often, and give our 2 cents to any questions asked.

Cheers

John (Net1)

Advertisement