Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bends or OK Computer ??

Options
  • 20-05-2003 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

This has been the topic of feverish debates between me and my mates, just thought i'd ask all of your opinions

personally i go for OK Computer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

OK Computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Ok computer
    (one again donnie darko excellent movie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

The Bends - 'Just' to be bleedin awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Ok Computer, but the bends is an awesome album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Amnesiac

there's always one, eh?

sure, okc is better musically speaking, i'm thinking of airbag here especially...but the bends is where it's at emotionally speaking (this was before travis and coldplay cheapened this form of expression with their empty imitations...in my book at any rate).

anyway, who could argue with planet telex, high and dry, fake plastic trees, bulletproof, black star and street spirit.
    i think they were at their creative peak towards the end of the bends...lucky should really be filed under the bends, chronilogically speaking...the one that got away.

the bends has always been my favourite...it doesn't sit together in the way okc does, but i like it's disparate nature and downright honesty...the power of those songs is immense.

anyway, for me the question is becoming hail to the thief or the bends.

long live radiohead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

(Sub post) Saturday or Sunday???

I say sunday cos I was there...obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

Bends for me please...

When Ok Computer came out everyone I know seemed to decide that Radiohead were gods gift to the world...

OC's a fine album - some good, some bad but definitely no reason to promote them to sainthood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

I have to say OK computer and Sunday.

I felt OK was more of a grower while some songs on Bends became more annoying like my Iron Lung and Planet Telex.

By annoying there still great its just when you compare them climbing up the walls, and exit music for a film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

hmmm tis a hard one... i'd have to go for ok computer if i was pushed though... paranoid android is quite possibly one of my favourite songs ever, and then theres songs like the tourist, exit music, electioneering... its just great...

ooooooh talkshowhost just came on on my minidisc... its put a giant smile on my face because its reminded me of them playing it at the gig... what a great gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and sunday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ok computer.

I dusted off the bends the other day and listened to it but it sounded 'dated' to me anyway. I think that because it was radioheads real breakthru album and naturally became the one that all other top30chart 'rock' bands cloned themselves too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The Bends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

Originally posted by Ste k
    I have to say OK computer and Sunday.

I felt OK was more of a grower while some songs on Bends became more annoying like my Iron Lung and Planet Telex.

Ok computer. not even an average song never mind bad song
    on the album (fitter happier excluded).

Plant telex is absolutely amazing live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

has to be the bends!

i'd go for the bendy goodness anyday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

the bends....

my iron lung, bulletproof, black star, the bends, just...all fabulous songs, and as much as ai love ok computer, there are more of my fave radiohead songs on the bends than ok computer.

Advertisement