Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euphony....

Options
  • 20-05-2003 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I did a search on this but the previous threads seem to be a bit ambiguous. There was a thread on the issue but dustaz locked it?
    The thing is that my parents signed up today because a neighbour talked them into it. How dodgy is this service?
    It seems good but the fact is it is actually a pyramid scheme getting other s to sign up.
    I told them to go cancel it tommorrow but they say they think it is a good service. Anyone got any proof that these guys are rip off merchants?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's only dodgy if you view pyramid schemes in general as dodgy, and they're not ripoff merchants unless you view pyramid schemes in general as a ripoff. Personally, I do view pyramid schemes - or whatever shape Euphony claims to be - as dodgy and a ripoff and even a little cultish, so I give them a wide berth and tend to laugh at them quite a lot. But each to his or her own.

This should have been posted in Nets / Comms by the way. Please read the stickies before posting.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

nothing wrong with Euphony. :)

Parents signed up last..November?

Phone bills have been dropping like flies at a fly killing convention.

10 mins free on local calls after 6.00pm
    10 mins free on national calls after 6.00pm

1890 numbers not inclusive.

word of warning.

Expect the last bill from €ircom to be a bitch. As soon as you switch companies, out go all your options with €ircom and you pay the full whack.

as dahamsta said "But each to his or her own."

Originally posted by Kaimera
    nothing wrong with Euphony. :)

Parents signed up last..November?

Phone bills have been dropping like flies at a fly killing convention.

10 mins free on local calls after 6.00pm
    10 mins free on national calls after 6.00pm

1890 numbers not inclusive.

word of warning.

Expect the last bill from €ircom to be a bitch. As soon as you switch companies, out go all your options with €ircom and you pay the full whack.

as dahamsta said "But each to his or her own."

I've been using them for nearly a year now.
    I was even using the 10 minutes free local calls above as free dial up internet as the isp was a local number:p
    Basically 8 minutes into a connection, you disconnect and dial again.
    Same applies if you are ringing someone, just put your stopwatch in front of the phone, explain to the person you talk to that it's a ten minute free Euphony call, and hang up at 9 minutes 59 seconds and ring back.
    Requires disipline, but it Slaughters your phone bill, if most of your calls are after 6 in the evening.
    they are a reputable company, and not a rip off.
    Heres their website:
    http://www.ie.euphony.com/EN/main.htm
    mm

Advertisement