Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV insight with Scott Taunton interview

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by bizmark
    good going utv (but im sticking to esat)
    Sadly, it'll make very little difference shortly. A matter of cosmetics.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

what dp u mean ?

in terms of "differnt" radsl service,s the name of the company is all thats different ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

Fundamentaly all the RADSL services are the same. The only difference I can see is the bandwidth / backhaul everybody is connecting to at the DSLAM. Some providers may have better quality providers which in turn will give better routes and decrease ping times. Other than that I see no major differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

whats Dslam ?

so the reasion netsources ping and d/l is so crapy is they dont have the money to buy more bandwidth / backhaul (what does backhaul mean?) ? . In that case Eircon Esat and Utv should have a better service ...................... esat made like 60 million euro this year their not lacking money!. Eircon are rideing us like donkeys. And utv seem to have a fair bit to splish around .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by bizmark
    whats Dslam ?

so the reasion netsources ping and d/l is so crapy is they dont have the money to buy more bandwidth / backhaul (what does backhaul mean?) ? . In that case Eircon Esat and Utv should have a better service ...................... esat made like 60 million euro this year their not lacking money!. Eircon are rideing us like donkeys. And utv seem to have a fair bit to splish around .
    The problem with Netsource's service, as far as I can see, is that it is very expensive for a 512k 48:1 DSL. This means that on average 48 users will be sharing 512k of bandwidth and these users will tend to be heavy users. Moreover, it appears that ISPs don't have the option to increase bandwidth without buying more DSLAM ports. The only way to feed in more bandwidth is to opt for the 24:1 ADSL bitstream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by Scott Taunton
    I expect that by Tuesday, full details of our highly competitive offering will be available.......

Scott Taunton
    Managing Director
    UTV Internet

2.45 and still nothing.

But then again, "by Tuesday" does not necessarily mean "on Tuesday", and available details are not necessarily distributed details......

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Examiner reporting €99 connection incl modem & 47.50 per month, but I can't find anything anywhere else.

Anyone know anything more?

Examiner Breaking News

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by amby666
    Examiner reporting €99 connection incl modem & 47.50 per month, but I can't find anything anywhere else.

Anyone know anything more?

Examiner Breaking News
    Still on the front page, look here. 112 replies in the thread. Quality may vary.

Advertisement