Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bowyer for Newcastle

• 20-05-2003 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

Sky News have just reported that Lee Bowyer is set to join ex teammate Jonathon Woodgate at Newcastle. I think he would be a very good addition to the Newcastle squad, and Bobby Robson will be well able to keep him in line. Another good signing by Sir Bobby, I expect Newcastle to put in a good challenge again next season.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He is a fantastic signing but he is just a stupid cúnt. If he could curb his petulance then he will be a massive city. Me thinks he was a player who scouse were crying out for.
    Sir Bob does it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Agreed, he would be a great addition to any team, including United, but he has some serious discipline issues to face up to.

Ya gotta wonder though if he does calm down will he lose something from his game ala Roy Keane ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I have to disagree a player who has gone backwards 3 or 4 years a superb talent but then there was all the court stuff + stamping on the players head, Sir Bob does it again? I wouldn't count my chickens just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hmmmm, as a Newcastle supporter I don't know how happy I would be about him signing. We have loads of midfielders already, for a start.

Is Bowyer left footed? If so I would assume Bobby wants to use him instead of Gary Speed who is too bloody old now, really. I can't see him taking out Robert, Jenas or Dyer and I was hoping Viana would be playing there more regularly next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I think he would be a great signing ..... 2 years ago!! I dont think hes shown anything like his true ability in the last two seasons (for either West Ham or Leeds). I think that may also be a factor why Houllier decided against signing him.

But then again, maybe Robson will be able to get the best out him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

The Newcastle midfield has been lacking now for some time of a player like Speed or Lee but better.

Bowyer could be that guy.

He has the ability and if it was anyone else signing him I would wonder but Bobby can handle players like him and get the best out if him.

Bobby does it again. :D

P.S Also dont forget its cost the Toon Army NOTTHING! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I was just thinking that myself earlier - that Robson might get the best out of him and calm him down a bit.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Great signing for Newcastle methinks. He's right footed afaik, plays in the centre or on the right.

Advertisement