Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Transformers????

Options
  • 20-05-2003 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hey I'm sure you have all seen those Heineken Green Energy Ads with the band called the transformers.

Does anyone know if they were just for the ad or have they now decided to form a band after their adverts.

Does anyone know any of the guys as well, they were pretty funny ads.

All info appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

saw them on a bus a couple of weeks ago... sorta strange... no info though... sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I believe that they were created for the ad campaign. I understand that two of the members are in a band called Hi:Rise. Perhaps somebofy can clarify that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

love the way yer man just goes

"SAPS"

apparently they MC'd ata gig and were hi-larious!ww)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Cindy Love

apparently they are in a band,thoughmaybe not all together.Eh they got 7000euro each to appear in those ads plus all the media exposure and fools like us talking about them!!
    Saw the drummer play a couple of years back ,to be honest it wasnt grreat but that was a good while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 penhelli

I think the blondey haired guy works in the temple bar music centre in rehearsals or upstairs somwhere anyway.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yep, as far as i know they're a real band. My brother's friends met them in a club a while back, and he was told that they were a real band. Some amount of exposure for them isn't it? The ad's are f***** hilarious too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah I've seen the Blonde Drummer guy in the TBMC a few times, he dresses like David Bowie and is a bit fruity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yeh, i saw the drummer walking down grafton street about a year ago. I remember him, 'cos he looked so f***** camp! my god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

I definitely remember the blonde guy with the baggy stoned eyes playing with that band hi:rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

The story is they used to be in a band together a while ago. They aren't a band anymore, but they're still mates. They heard about this ad for the Green Energy and went in for it for the laugh, amde a bit of money, got some free Heineken and got to play a bit at Dublin Castle.
    Yes, the "blondy drummer guy" is in Hi:Rise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 catch urself on

The Drummer and the guitarist (Noeler) are in HiRise.
    www.hirise.moonfruit.com

They're all mates and all straight!

Advertisement