Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth

• 20-05-2003 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Bluetooth Question (asking on behalf of a mate)

I have a desktop pc (connected to b'band internet) which has a usb bluetooth 'wand"

I also have a laptop with a usb bluetooth 'wand'

and

a bluetooth enabled palm.

Can I use the laptop / palm to surf the net using the desktop connection and what s/w do I need?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Yep if you use the PAN, personal area networking, and NAT, on both linux and XP (ICS), together you should have no problem. If you are using Widcomms software all you need do is connect to the PAN profile/service and that will enable the "bluetooth NIC" from which you just set your ip addy, subnet mask, default gateway (the ip of the machine with BB) - if you're not using DHCP ;)

Dizz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it very much depends on the bluetooth stacks (i.e. software) you are using (vendor and version) on the computers - comes down to which one the manufacturer bundled with thier adapter (wand)

if you list out the manufacturer and OS you are running it will be easier to help out?

widcomm is one of the most popular (it's the one that installs the 'My Bluetooth Places' on the desktop and system tray on windows) and easiest to set up for this - depending on the version that was supplied / offered for update from the bluetooth adapter vendor it can do it no worries

if it's a Plam Bluetooth SD Card you can get the updated drivers on the Palm Support site, they also released a Bluetooth fix in their latest Tungsten|T update (in the last week or so) to make internet sharing connections like this more stable

BrianG

Advertisement