Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource DSL and Eircom Delay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by nahdoic
    I intend fully to complain, i'd just like to be smart about it, no point wasting my time.

That example was of a direct customer of eircom, and after he exhausted all avenues of complaint contacted comreg. At which point, comreg can take it up, not before.

i know i just put that up there as an example of what comreg can do

regards

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭CutterIE

Gee I just thought if that really happens I'm gonna need me an ailbi now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Take it easy there Cutter

10 deep breaths and I'm all calm again.

but seriously, if someone out there who has a broadband connection could start downloading a really big file and then take screen shots of it and post them on here that would be just great.

now where did I put that bottle of prozac ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Big enough?
    downloadwww.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BlackFlag

Originally posted by m1ke

No wonder the broadband numbers are total shyte in this country, the ****ing massive obstacles placed in your way to getting it installed make it a joke and a waste of time for your average joe.
    Damn right.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

Right, as I have not received a responce from Eircom, I have lodged a complaint with ComReg.

I went over my tale of woe as per my mail to Ericom yesterday and then made the request below.

I would like to thank Adam for a certain eloquent turn of phrase. I hope you don't mind, I couldn't put it as well myself. :)

I would like to request that you do whatever is in your power to compel Eircom to hand over my line to Netsource without any more of their ‘pretend’ dalays.

Secondly, and more importantly, it seems that this is not an isolated incident or an exception. I personally know of 6 other people who have ordered DSL from competitor’s of Eircom. Every one of them have had their order ‘lost’ by Eircom, some people have had their order ‘lost’ several times.

There's very little doubt in my mind that these orders have either been sidelined or intentionally deleted. There's also very little doubt in my mind that the frequency of these losses creates a very strong possibility that ‘losses’ have been recommended as a matter of policy.

Someone had to ‘lose’ these orders, and someone had to tell them to do it. Those people are breaking the law and I would like to request that you investigate Ericom’s practices in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Hi Guys,
    Would'nt it be funny if all this waiting and being fxxked about pushed someone over the edge and they when down to the eircom offices and went all postal on their arse's.

I have a suggestion, arter you order your BB, and while you are waiting, **** down and pick up a book and read it...

I have a friend working in Eircom, he actually works on the DSL roll out team. I dont know if you woudl believe me or not, but when he goes home he does not think about frustrated people wanting BB, in fact he does not think about it much at work either, and that is true of many of his co workers.

There is no conspiracy to twart what you think you diserve, and if I were to mention your 'going postal' remark to my mate, his reply would be, 'probably one of these 14 yr old in his bedroom who hasnt realised that his opinion does not matter, or that there are more important things in life, than BB'

Grow up.

I also sent the following to Eircom.

Dear Sirs,

As per my mail yesterday (below), as I did not receive a reply by close of business, I have this morning lodged a formal complaint with the Commission for Communications Regulation . I am extremely frustrated with Eircom's handling of this. I intend moving my voice call business to any other provider tomorrow if I do not receive some sort of response from someone before close of business today.

Regards,

Damian O’Suilleabhain

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

Originally posted by delop

I dont know if you woudl believe me or not, but when he goes home he does not think about frustrated people wanting BB, in fact he does not think about it much at work either, and that is true of many of his co workers.

IYou've got a point Delop.
    It's not possible to prove it without the statistics but it really wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to find out that Eircom loose LOTS of orders for all kinds of different things. I think it's more incompetance rather than conspiracy.
    Not that that makes it any better, or acceptable. As long as they have their monopoly on the phone lines they can charge what they want for line rental and make a mess of the country's infrastructure while they're at it.
    The only thing I can imagine having any effect on them though is Comreg so I guess it's worth taking the time to send them an e-mail if you have a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I have a friend working in Eircom, he actually works on the DSL roll out team. I dont know if you woudl believe me or not, but when he goes home he does not think about frustrated people wanting BB, in fact he does not think about it much at work either, and that is true of many of his co workers.
    It's always great to see people taking pride in their work and caring about what they do.

adam

Originally posted by raeGten

I think it's more incompetance rather than conspiracy.

In the office my mate works in, they were told as a cost saving measure there will be no more free newspapers in the canteen, that was 6 months ago, and the news paper still appears every day. So you can emagine that if managers cant implement a small thing like that, well....... you can guess the rest.

There is no 'They', When eircom employees hear that Comreg are after them to do this and that, do you think it worries them? No it dosent, because there is no accountability. They are just an large old organisation, I guarantee you that their staff are well frustrated themselves, and it has nothing to do with BB, more important things like pay conditions and booking holidays...

It concerns me to see people getting so frustrated on this bulliten board, some will have heart attacks before they are 15.

When it rains, they is no point shaking your fist at the sky... just wait untill the shower is over and then head out..

Yeah Delop, I know, We shouldn't get too carried away. But on the other hand Eircom aren't a force of Nature. It's not like trying to stop the rain or turn back the tide. They're just another company and a lot of people are getting very frustrated with their attitude.
    I know it's not the individual workers either, or even their managers. As that story about the newspapers you told proves, the company itself is whats rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

'probably one of these 14 yr old in his bedroom who hasnt realised that his opinion does not matter, or that there are more important things in life, than BB

and what about those of us who do need it for business, and those of us who have been loseing money because of this utter incompetence and terrible attitude .

I think we all knew this anyway

We could get totaly off subject here and into a political argument but the truth is, the reason so many people are getting angry is because broadband is just one of a long list of things in this country that doesn't work.....and nobody seems to be doing anything about it.
    I have to admit aswell, I don't know how much will change by just writing about it to each other in this forum either.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Sorry Delop but I'm going to borrow you're analogy and run a wee bit further with it, surely the best thing to do is get a hat or umbrella and work around the problem. In this case the problem is dealing with Eircom.
    The best solution is to go somewhere it doesnt rain (Wisp, IBB, NTL get your thumbs out theres a huge chance here to ease Delop's mate's life and let him go back to reading his free newspapers). The umbrella is Comreg and public opinion.
    I agree with you that there is no point in approaching the individuals in eircom as they are either too apathetic or institutionalised to react in anything approaching a reasonable manner.
    We do need to have clear but passionately stated cases to raise the vieqw of the importance of this issue. Take a look at the competitiveness review posted here last week and tell me again if the " pay conditions and booking holidays" are more important not just to the individual customer but also to the country.

MarVeL,

I think thats a more sensible view, I would just worry that people woudl not stick to their convictions to boycott Eircom...

Anyways forget all that...

If people are very upset with them... CutterIE suggested going postal on them, thats a bit serious. Why not do it legal like... Buy one share of Eircoms Stock, Got to their next AGM, and I believe that your one share entitles you to speak at the AGM, so hold up the whole show by talking really slow, with your issues, and the people who will hear it are the people in power.

If you dont feel that you are articulate enough, you can send a proxy to speak on your behalf, but I reckon this defeats the purpose, Develop a stutter for that day <grin>

MarVeL,

Why not do it legal like... Buy one share of Eircoms Stock

Buy Eircom Shares.....ha ha! no way!
    They caught me out on that one before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

Only greed caught people out on Eircom shares. You all had a chance to make a quick easy profit, but thought you'd hang in there for the big bucks... which never came - did you honestly think they would with a company like Eircom ?

:rolleyes:

I know I'm getting way off subjest here...but what bugged me about Eircom shares wasn't that the value of shares can go up or down (or down and down again in the case of Eircom)......what bugged me was that we were forced to hand over our shares after the buy out. I honestly didn't know they could do that - but I do now!. I would have been happy to hold onto the few share I had till I was old and gray in the hope they someday would break even - but I wasn't given the option.

Sorry again for going off subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Eircom is a privately owned company! You cannot buy shares in it and attend an AGM. It listens to no one but it's fat cat owners, who may or may not listen to customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Eircom shares were a nice little earner and nearly maxed me CGT limit for the year within only 3 weeks. So I took me profit.

Back to grim reality 4 years later.

Eircom is owned by

1. New York Bankers incl T O Reilly(Bart)
    2. Delops mate and a couple of other undermotivated slobs
    3. Biddy

Biddy and de Slobs hold 15% or more of the shares, they want a quiet life and easy money......thats all.

Is it any wonder that there is a culture of ineptitude ignorance of greed permeating the place. Unsurprisingly there is a dangerous lack of convergence with the overall national interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

i tell you what bugs me about eircom and this is the truth, the only time ive dealt with eircom prior to my bb enquiry was when i first went on the internet with eircom free

there billing was a joke, charging me for time online that I didnt even spend online but dutifully I paid it until i went to no limits and then netsmart

And now to the present day, I WISH TO STATE THIS CATEGORICALLY

I do not want I-stream solo, but I am blocked from getting netsource or any Broadband from an company that uses eircoms exchanges for line activation etc.

My line passed with eircom on the 11th, and after numerous calls e-mails online chats etc no one can now tell me why its failed, hence I took my case to comreg.

If they are imcompetent then someone should take them to task.

And i also h8 this i have a m8 in eircom bull**** whose a human being like everyone else and are stressed out like everyone else, what i say is if ye cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

I have no sympathy for the morons who work in eircom, there attitude is appaling, there knowledge is laugahable, and when they cant answer a simple question they hang up on you.

so please no more sympathy letters please, I might retch

Shin

hear hear !

Well said Shin.

I agree 100%

The 'ordinary' work force in eircom is not to blame. They merely reflect the attitudes of senior management.

delop,

The reason for my hatred towards eircom and their BB phone monkeys is due to their inability to tell the truth.

I signed up with eircom for their own BB service on April 11th and was told that I would have my line enabled in 11 working days, so after 11 working days had passed and my line had not been enabled nor had my self install kit arrived I phoned eircom and asked for an update on my install, I was told by phone monkey A that my line was going to be enabled the following day, so after another few days passed and my line had still not been enabled I again phoned eircom up, this time phone monkey B told me that my line would be enabled the following day, so at the end of the following day and my line still having not been enabled I phoned eircom yet again, phone monkey C told me that my line would be enabled the following day, at this point I asked to speak to their supervisor, this transpired to be a waste of time as she didn't know her arse from her elbow, so I asked to speak to the manager, the manager called me back about 15 minutes later and advised me that my line would not be enabled for another 2 weeks, at this point I cancelled my order with eircom and went with Netsource instead.

Now it's eircom BB engineers turn to get in on the action (or the lack of it) I should have had my line enabled 5 working days ago, the eircom BB engineers are either very slow at doing their job or just simply don't know what they are doing, I also know for a fact that the lines are not being enabled in order of sign up date, as people I know ordered BB via Netsorce after me and have had their lines enabled.

and delop for your information not only do I read books I am currenty co writing a book with someone in the UK and is for this reason that I require a faster internet connection that I can use during the day without the need to worry about call charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I have never, not even once recieved prompt/efficient service from eircom, both as a home user and more recently as a business customer.

They have consistently missed their own deadlines, lied to me, cost me money, wasted my time.
    On top of this whenever I seek an alternative, their monopoly on the last mile causes more delays.
    They in my opinion, either through gross negligence/incompetence or deliberate cynical business tactics have caused me further delays and expense.

Neither one of these is an acceptable excuse for the state of the telecommunications infrastructure in this country.

We are on the cusp of having new members join the EU, when they do all the mindless menial factory work will disappear from this country to cheaper countries as our foothold in europe is no longer a unique advantage.

If we dont have our communications and general infrastructural sh1t together by the time this happens we will have nothing left to keep companies interested.

I hear incredulous foreigners complaining about the rising costs, the appaling service and bad attitude that is prevalent in Ireland everyday.

Eircom are merely a shining example of this nationwide problem, coming in first by a nose in front of Iarnrod eireann and Bus eireann, but thats a whole different can of worms that isn't for opening in this forum.

I've lost my trainof thought now..... rage induced ulcer number 7 is on its way, I think i'l call it eircom junior

from netsource employee on boards.ie
    The max. time from placing an order to a completed order is 11 working days, this is broken down by 10 days on the Eircom side and one day for us to visit your premises. If you are availing of the self install option the max. time your order will take will be 10 days

God, it's funny, but a public forum where what you say is recorded, is a very dangerous thing!
    Is it a 'Miranda' that the police read to you? Yea, it should be a popup or something when someone signs up.

ps. if the mods feel this is inappropriate badgering of the witness, please delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Back on topic...

Want to know whose job it is to make sure that everything runs smooth with Wholesale contracts....like Netsource...

Head of Wholesale Contracts
    eircom Ltd
    114 St. Stephens Green West
    Dublin 2.
    Tel: (00) 353 1 701 5413
    Fax: (00) 353 1 455 2522

I could give you her name, but I won't...as only the above can be found on the website.here

Please be polite, explain your problems calmly and ask that the relevant Account manager communicate an explaination of how these delays could have happened.

Good luck...

(I'd be happy to hear the response, either here or on PM)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Oh and flav...

Netsource claim they were given a SLA of 10 days by eircom...

Eircom says it was 'a guideline'...

Advertisement