Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource DSL and Eircom Delay

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

Thank you MadSL.

I'll do that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

My story has a happy ending. My line was activated this evening.

I'm not entirely sure if this sudden refinding and completing of my order by Eircom was due to my complaint to comreg. Or, more likely, the efforts made by Netsource on my behalf.

I have to say that Netsource have been fantastic. I have been sending mails to both Eircom and Netsource. Eircom have ignored every single mail. Netsource staff have been helpful, courteous, prompt and have always kept my updated.

What I have found particularly impressive is the fact that I mailed Netsource asking for an update and received a reply within 2 hours from their Sales Director, who told me that he contacted the Eircom product manager to discuss my case and to ask that it be sorted. A far cry from anything Eircom could manage.

ALthough I am now up and running, I am, of course, still going to persue my complaint against Eircom with Comreg on principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tripkipke

I'm from belgium moved to ireland a few weeks ago, I must say, after reading these posts I had quite a shock :/

This is a link of the prices and the speeds of a provider in belgium, after placing your order it takes 2-5 working days and you can start surfing (router is included in the price)

http://www.adsl2fit.be/NL/prijzen.asp

screenshot of downloadspeed...

http://users.pandora.be/tripkipke/images/screenshots/speed.png

Not are only the speeds like 20 times as fast, the monthly charges are less and there is no hassle at all to get a connection.

I was thinking about getting BB over here but I think I'll wait till your providers have their issues sorted out.

well, back to playing games and surfing at work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by flav0rflav
    God, it's funny, but a public forum where what you say is recorded, is a very dangerous thing!
    Is it a 'Miranda' that the police read to you? Yea, it should be a popup or something when someone signs up.

ps. if the mods feel this is inappropriate badgering of the witness, please delete.
    In fairness to netsource, my order went through straight away seemingly, eircom took long enough to actviate the line though. The again I work down the road so I called into their offices.

BTW, It seems that netsource don't send out your welcome pack till the day after your line is activated. so expect oit two days after the line is activated. Otherwise they would be sending out welcome back with the chance of the line having an inability to be enabled, so they lose their micrfilters and the cost associated, this should be a rough guideline I suppose for anyone saying their line is activated but theyt haven't recieved their pack.

Advertisement