Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Practice

• 20-05-2003 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Most of the cast from the practice are leaving the show, as their contracts weren't renewed.

I wonder what the new series will be like. While I be sad to see ER go I am looking forward to the new series of The Practice coming on the Air.

Quote RTE Entertainment
    Dylan McDermott, Lara Flynn Boyle and four other stars will not be returning to legal drama 'The Practice'.

The Hollywood Reporter says that the options on their contracts are not being renewed following a major cut in the fee, which network ABC pays for the show.

The ratings for the last series fell and 'The Practice' returned with ABC insisting that it would pay 50% less to license the show.

Aside from McDermott and Boyle, Kelli Williams, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Marla Sokoloff and Chyler Leigh are also leaving.

It is understood that McDermott will guest star in at least four shows next season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Was just thinking about this show yesterday and wondering when it would return, that's bad news - they may as well just kill the show off - you can't lose that many integral charcters and hope to retain your fanbase.

Bah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You have to do it in stages like in ER where one character is let go every now and then. That's why ER has lasted so long It doesn't rely on the big names to make it ER.

Noah Wyle could leave next year but the support cast so good that you wouldn't notice. I mean how many of that show orginal cast have left since it started.

RTE will only be on series 7 of the practice when it starts so it won't be next summer until we see the new cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Man it's 7 series old ?
    Cool, I thought it was only about 3 or so, it's off to ebay for me to see what is available to me DVD wise.
    Nice one.

Yeah 7 years old. also its not a spin off of Ally McBeal while Ally McBeal is younger it is also not a spin off just the characters and storyline have made appearances in each of the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

One thing that really bugged me bout this show ( I love it btw)

one time to promote boston public, they had an episode where the first one was an episode of the practice and the follow up episode was boston public (the story was one of the teachers was sacked, I think, and the practice took up their case)

but a while later some old woman was a witness at a trial. When asked something about what time she saw what happened at she said 8.50 or something and when asked 'How can you be sure it happened at that time' .. 'Because Boston Public just finished, that's how I know'

something along those lines anyway

things like that annoy me :)

I like the practice .... some of the story lines were very good .. like the hinks trial .. though I didn't really like the ending to the last series

• Advertisement

Yeah linsay going to prison was over the top alright.

Also did anyone else notice when she was stabed, no, since rte miss some episodes in that season. about 3 years ago. Your man with head in the bowling bag did it.

Advertisement