Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Via. The Verdict - contd...

Options
  • 20-05-2003 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

I hate Eircom. Having waited a month for what Netsource said would take a fortnight - their techie arrives out and finds that Eircom still haven't enabled the line. They'd said it was turned on last Friday but we still haven't seen anything.

This is doing my nut - anyone else had similar complications with Eircom?

----

Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

We had a similar issue in work before christmas.
    We actually cancelled an Eircom order when VIA/Netsource offered the service.

There were installation delays that were balmed on Eircom. My answer was quite simple: I don't care. We are purchasing it off VIA, not Eircom.

Sure Eircom can be a pain, and I'm sure they were to blame, but is that your problem? No.
    If VIA/Netsource can't get their suppliers to do their job, tough luck.

That might seem a bit harsh, and I think Netsource are a good crowd that provide a decent service, but no-one is forcing them to provide DSL.
    If you can't stand the heat...

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

story Here includes what they did about it after Eircom shafted Netsource.

add your 2p and add your complaint.

no shows/cock ups from Eircom are billable to Eircom if you took a days holiday from work to let Netsource in the door.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

NO! Do not throw this at Eircom! For a couple of reasons.

1. Your agreement is with Netsource. Why do you have to deal with their supplier problems? If people start to accept that as an excuse, it'll be used all the time.

2. Netsource are in a much better position to put pressure on Eircom, due to their own agreement with them. I would be surprised if Eircom do not suffer in some way for not providing the service, ie. financial compensation/penalties that may very well go to Netsource.

[edit

3. Do you think Eircom are going to give a monkeys about a complaint from a competitors customer!?

]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭CutterIE

aodh_rua I'm in the same boat as you, I should have had my line enabled 4 working days ago, I phoned netsource up again today and they blamed eircom for not enabling my line, so I asked when will it be enabled, netsource said that it was escalated with in eircom a few days ago, so again I asked for a date that it would be enabled on, netsource just say that they don't know, so I asked for a contact name/number for eircom who could tell me when my line would be enabled, netsource told me that they can't give me a contact for eircom and that my contract was with them and not eircom, Thats right I said it's with you so stop blaming eircom.

All I can say is that I will keep phoning netsource up 3 times a day for updates, I will also ask to speak to a manager tomorrow.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

just to add, it took 18 working days for my line to be activated by eircom and took 21 days to receive splitters in post from Netsource.
    Some orders are taking very long and longer than others unfortunately (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Wahey! Its finally working - although the speeds are fluctuating quite a lot. We're getting anything from 200kbps to 5kbps.

Still though - at least it's actually connected.

Advertisement