Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA card Replacement

• 20-05-2003 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

I got my original (old FTA) card from West-sat last year. When I heard about the card changeover I contacted them and they assured me that they would replace my old card with a new one at no extra charge.

Anyway when my new sub card came I activated it and as expected the old FTA card ceased to work. I contacted West-sat - they asked me to send my old FTA card which I did and after about ten days they sent me a new one which they activated straight away. All the stations (including channel 5 were there within a couple of hours.

I'm not sure if they actually needed the old card in order to get a new one - maybe they just wanted to make sure I got the original card from them.

PS their website has been down for ages

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Sorry I'm sure what you are asking about. You've got a new FTV card and works do you really care why they wanted your old card. May be they just wanted to prove that they had replaced it if you rang and asked for another one. Why don't you ask them? I'm not being rude. By the by isn't very slow when you swap cards since the change of cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I was just curious to know whether or not they can supply new FTA cards to people who don't have old ones - maybe I will ask them as I have several friends who might be interested.I also thought that people who got old cards from them might be interested to know that they'll replace them free of charge which they certainly didn't have to do!
    I also read somewhere here that CH5 might no longer be available with a FTA card - this doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

About CH5 there seems to be some discussion around this topic due to the BBC going FTA. It may cause problems with their licence. However I'm sure it we take sometime to get a clearer picture around the other channels once the BBC goes FTA and it EPG issue is sorted out.

Advertisement