Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why we lost against Wales

Options
  • 17-06-1998 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

There's still some back and forth b!tching going on about that Wales game we played and lost badly.
    You want to know how and why we lost??
    These are the facts.

They had better pings than us (30 compared to 130 is a big difference)

They had better machines (obviously)

They were much better organised (7 welsh terminators patiently waiting all the bog pinged out Irish to clutter their way into the game)

They had much better tactics (if any of us did actually get RA and RL we were attacked by a welsh quad or at least 2 other RL toting welsh players)

They had more players. (We had 6 mostly, which basically turned into an 8 v 5 as Ser decided to have a baby)

They had skins and colors dialled. (Ireland white green, Wales red green, I had to use shareware quake, so couldn't use skins, too hard to identify)

However, they weren't better players.

Enough said

Bunny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

: They had better pings than us (30 compared to 130 is a big difference)

This is why I have talked to the other team captains and insisted that we play our matches (except the French one) on hibs.quake.ie rather than barrysworld. UK players get equal or better pings than us on our own servers. Our pings and packet loss suck total cok to the UK. This is a difficult concept for UK players to grasp.

: However, they weren't better players.

That's the spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭FlavorFlav

: : They had better pings than us (30 compared to 130 is a big difference)

: This is why I have talked to the other team captains and insisted that we play our matches (except the French one) on hibs.quake.ie rather than barrysworld. UK players get equal or better pings than us on our own servers. Our pings and packet loss suck total cok to the UK. This is a difficult concept for UK players to grasp.

Eh, I'm afraid if you have ten of them, they'll start complaining loudly. My route comes in from England, and it can be good, but also I get nasty big blocks of lost packets. 10 quake players could gen upto 500 kb/s which is significant.

Server needs to be tested, before it is a crisis on the day. Get a bunch of english guys over.

FlavorFlav

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Server needs to be tested, before it is a crisis on the day. Get a bunch of english guys over.

: FlavorFlav

It was tested with all the captains and some of their players except the English ones (cos they didn't bother showing up) and they thought it was fine. We are not playing on unfair terms.

Advertisement