Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:) Nevermore... eh?

Options
  • 20-05-2003 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I thought I was a Nevermore, resigned to my fate, etc.

Then I remembered Sean telling me to get in touch when I was at college.

So I did, and I had interview last Friday, relatively normal conversation really with Colm and Sheila.

The Good News ? :) (if you can call it that) is that I'm gonna be back, not as an student, nor as an RA, but for 2 poor classes I'm going to be a TA :)

I'm all happy and slightly unbelieving seen as the people in before me seemed exceptionally more qualified than I was and had (similar) degrees (only in their case they were finished altogether, whereas I'm only finished first year!)

Hehe, put it this way... I know who you are and I'll be letting everyone know about ye!

On the plus side (and there are many), one of my best mates (some of ye may remember her) Karen, has landed herself an RA job :)

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

<troll>

Tis all I've to say. Oh and congrats. Heh... now you get to strike fear into the hearts of these young uns face to face. :D

What class will you be ta for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Yay! Go Fio!

Don't tell them about that thing that I did with the thing that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

My TAing class(es!) shall be kept a little sssshhhh atm, I don't want to scare anyone off now....

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Yay, fio will be in Dublin for the summer :>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Go on tell us,

I'm going back and want to know if you'll end up being the TA for my class
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Nice one Fio!

Ok ok... I might as well let ye know seen as I'm going to be TA for more than a few of you! :)

Session 1 : Computational Linguistics
    Session 2: Computer Applications

hahahaha :)

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I don't want to echo what I said on Funky Dig, but YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

0_o, i came within and INCH of takign those.. YAY for Electronic Engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

indeed. yay for Electronic Eng.
    AND YAY FOR FREEDOM!!
    it'll be good to finally meet this fio character...heh:p

wh00t, I've met fio , she was tall, and a brunette , and fairly scary when i was looking up at her, since i had asked Kharn to take pics of her.......:ninja:

I'm not actually scary, I'm nice.

Neoslicers, I was one of the ones who made your gun go "bang"

bind left-mouse-click to "bang"

:)

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

What dates is CTYI on cause chances I'll be out there doing Chem sometime from 21st to 3rd

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Pah... That's all I have to say on the matter.

Well CTYI seems uninterested in archery so hard luck kids ye will have to do without. I'll still be around though-working with the Summer Camp as an Archery Instructor kids so I'll probably see you all around.

*evil grin* The phrase "Armed and extremely dangerous" comes to mind. :cool:

Originally posted by halenger
    Well CTYI seems uninterested in archery so hard luck kids ye will have to do without. I'll still be around though-working with the Summer Camp as an Archery Instructor kids so I'll probably see you all around.

They are uninterested in archery? Well from what they told me, and my friend who's going to be an RA, the activities depend solely on what the particular RAs are able to do....

<< Fio >>

0_o

bind "MOUSE01" "+attack" :)

yes you were scary , and when you were hugging JP , yer shadow fell over me as i was shooting Raven ,and i thought "Oh $hit" :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well I told Colm I'd do it on the same principal that Adam does the gymnastics and he said he'd contact me. He seemed interested but hey that's life. I'm there anyway. I'll be training on the balcony while ye are in the Hall below. Hehehe...

Don't annoy me!! ;) *kidding*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Yeah, go Fio! :D
    I'm not going to be in your class, but anyone who will be I assure you that she is lovely! So you're grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Don't believe the lies. Fio is one of those 6 foot lizards who is just wearing the skin of a human! AND SHE'S A FREEMASON! I SWEAR I SAW HER EAT A BABY! AND SHE CAN BREATHE FIRE!!!!!

so run fools! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Well I spent work experience today making up those student photo sheet things, so when you see how great they are remember to thank me.
    It's strange though. Nobody looked the way I remembered them. I really wish I could go this year.

Advertisement