Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For all those looking for a DVD writer

• 20-05-2003 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

It appears Komplett have finally :D got in the Nec 1300 (DVD-R and DVD+R compatible). Just ordered it for €270.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

whats the largest data a dvd can backup? 4 gigs I heard

how fast can it backup that data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by ando
    whats the largest data a dvd can backup? 4 gigs I heard

how fast can it backup that data?

4.7GB is the usual DVD disc size. Takes approx 1/2 hour to burn 4.7GB of data.

Wolly 9.7GB are the dual layered discs (the films you buy are usually dual layered).

Originally posted by daveg
    Wolly 9.7GB are the dual layered discs (the films you buy are usually dual layered).
    whats your point? are there no DVD burners out there that'll burn dual layered DVDs?
    i was working on the assumption that if they sold the discs there must be a drive to burn 'em.

but i guess we all know what they say about assumption... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by woolymammoth
    whats your point? are there no DVD burners out there that'll burn dual layered DVDs?
    i was working on the assumption that if they sold the discs there must be a drive to burn 'em.

but i guess we all know what they say about assumption... :(

Indeed.. mother of all fúck ups...

Afaik dual layered writers arn't on the market yet.

• Advertisement

i guess by the time one does raises its head, we won't need/want one anymore...
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/4063.cfm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Think ye have the wires crossed lads...
    The discs are out that are 9.3 or 4 gigs are double sided 4.3 etc.. there not dual layered and all dvdrws will write these there not dual layered and would be correct in saying that no dvdrws yet can burn dual layered discs but can burn dual sided discs...

Cheers My 2 cents Appy

Advertisement