Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy DVD media ?

• 20-05-2003 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Can you recommend a good place to buy DVD-R and DVD+R media. I have tried the "Cheap computer components suppliers. PLEASE read before asking "where can I buy x" thread but there are handly any links for media.

Thanks in advance folks. My own finding's so far:

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

blackdiskshop are *the* best i reckon, I get cheap dvd-r and cheap cd-r from them and they have quick delivery too

they also cheap for buying dvd writers!

there are others like cdmediaireland.com but they dont have a great selection.

I always go for either verbatim or traxdata dvdr as they are the best / most compatible.

there is also a place called digitalpromo.co.uk which I have used in the past

hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i buy alot of cd-r and now alot of dvd-r diskes, i have looked at loads of other sites and other forums and SVP has allways come out on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I always go for either verbatim or traxdata dvdr as they are the best / most compatible.

These are using ritek dye m8 and are correct they are the most compatible but u should try looking for the cheaper 2x that have ritek dye in em as well u could save a fortune m8

www.svpcommunications.co.uk
    www.121cdr.co.uk
    www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

All of the above are the same one stop shop and steve the owner should sort u out with any needs ..

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Originally posted by Gunn4r
    blackdiskshop are *the* best i reckon, I get cheap dvd-r and cheap cd-r from them and they have quick delivery too

they also cheap for buying dvd writers!

there are others like cdmediaireland.com but they dont have a great selection.

there is also a place called digitalpromo.co.uk which I have used in the past

hope that helps.

I couldn't agree more. I have never ordered DVD media from them, but have ordered tons of CDRs, and printer supplies. The goods are top quality. Their photopaper is almost better than the epson original for my epson printer, and a fraction of the cost. I have never had a dodgy CDR, and their customer service is excellent. I had a problem with a Jettec ink cartridge ordered from them. I emailed them on Sunday, and they had a replacement mailed to me on Monday morning, no quibble whatsoever. The only minor drawback is that they charge a lot for delivery. It is very quick, though.

They're also running a competition for a free DVD writer at the moment, AFAIK.

Ro

Advertisement