Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Clubs Around Dublin?

• 20-05-2003 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I like a game of snooker every so often, however, anywhere I go to play, it seems like the table and/or equipment is always a little below the type of quality of what I'd like to play on for a game.

Anyone go or know of anywhere that's got good tables etc?

Thanks.

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I have played in a few. What part of town?
    Rafaels in Lucan and Jasons in Ranelagh are good. Q's Clondalkin is average (in the back part)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Jasons in Ranelagh is the one we normally frequent. I find the table clothes leave something be desired there tho. Plus they're on floorboards upstairs.

Used to play a lot in Q's, at least they made an effort to maintain their tables once. Haven't been up there in ages.

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

If you are willing to trek all the way to Clondalkin then you should consider Rafaels, Lucan and the Belgard, Tallaght

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by thegills
    If you are willing to trek all the way to Clondalkin then you should consider Rafaels, Lucan and the Belgard, Tallaght

I've played in the belgard and its not that great but Q's in clondalkin & Jasons of renelagh are supposed to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Lucutus
    Hi,

I like a game of snooker every so often, however, anywhere I go to play, it seems like the table and/or equipment is always a little below the type of quality of what I'd like to play on for a game.

Anyone go or know of anywhere that's got good tables etc?

Thanks.

Luc

So thats your excuse is it?

Jasons is good if it wasnt so smoky! only kidding..

The cloth on tables varies fromt table to table which kind of sux. but your gonna get that in most snooker clubs...
    luc lets break into Ken dohertys room

• Advertisement
Advertisement