Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones

Options
  • 20-05-2003 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Anyone else think the new Deftones album is a load of ****e?

they are a trying to mix the slow melodic song style they were doing on White Pony and the heavy old stuff and just ended up with a load of crap tbh.
    i love thier old stuff but i cant forgive them for this, i dont even care if they never play here again, since theyve totally overlooked us on thier European tour.....

btw what do ppl think of starting fortnightly album review thread? im not voluteering but i think it would be an intersting idea... it would let many people get exposure to unheard of bands without having to religously buy Terrorizer etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭xen

just started to listen to it its weird maybe it'll grow ater a cuople of listens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Originally posted by nesthead
    btw what do ppl think of starting fortnightly album review thread? im not voluteering but i think it would be an intersting idea... it would let many people get exposure to unheard of bands without having to religously buy Terrorizer etc.
    I like that idea. There should be a couple of reviewers with various tastes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I like Minerva tbh. It's not like Deftones are trying to be Carcass or anything either. And I honestly don't see any reason they could be labelled nu-metal.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by xen
    just started to listen to it its weird maybe it'll grow ater a cuople of listens!
    In Deftones' case... It'll grow on you like fungus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭xen

what if you dont like fungus?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

ive only heard their song from the matrix reloaded soundtrack and i thought it was pretty good, so on the strength of that ill prolly buy the album

loved their old stuff and am really hoping the new stuff rawks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

havnt heard it, i am partial to a bit of their older stuff - adenaline, whaite pony etc....hope its not sh!te, better buy the album.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by xen
    what if you dont like fungus?
    Then you get rid of it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

trust me its ****e. the only good songs are when they play fast and heavy, and since the rest are slow and heavy they suck.

that "lucky you" song is also dire.....its just the dj.....who sucks....a lot.......

tracks 1, 6 and 9 are good (Hexagram, When Girls Telephone Boys and Bloody Cape)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

i like all there other stuff,but sadly this was the first and only album i have ever bought that i have returned. i just plain didnt like it. I dont really like that whispery sound in his voice he had over these last two albums. But ye know every ones allowed to like what they wanna like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement