Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask me anything about XBox Live

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its all well and good having broadband, but its a double kick in the stones if it does not perform the way it should!!! Imagine waiting for months for it, spending a small fortune to get it, and then getting pings worse than ISDN... Not a happy budgie at all!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Anyone try Midtown Madness on Live yet?? I have enough to Get 6 Games for the Xbox I currently have no Live games. Can anyone recommend 6 For me. Thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Midtown Madness 3 is a right laugh. We were playing on live till 3 or 4 in the morning last weekend. Really good.

6 games to go for:

Return To Castle Wolfenstein
    Midtown Madness 3
    Ghost Recon
    Moto Gp2
    Midnight Club 2
    Unreal Championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

I bought Midtown Madness on Friday.......have only played it for about 20 mins as I also bought Raven Shield and it has monopolised my time.

Midtown does seem a laugh, though hard to tell with only 20 mins played.

As far as LIVE games, I'd get:

RTCW and MotoGP2 and Midtown.

Ghost Recon will be superceded by other tactical shooters in the next few months. Unreal is nothing compared to RTCW, and is usually full of muppets, and Midnight Club hmmmmm, not too impressed so far, I chose Midtown over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Well they'd probably be the 6 to get now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Anyone try Midtown Madness on Live yet??

It's good fun on Live we were playing in for a good bit at the Live lunch in MS's offices last week.

yeah...both myself kensutz have ......so all comments about Midtown solely revolve around it on LIVE ( i turned it on and kensutz immeadiately invited me fto a game!!!!)....though I have only played for a very short amount of time, I haven't gone near the single player......it does seem a good laugh on LIVE.....

Ken may have playing a bit more, and perhaps can comment further....

How does Xbox Live compare to playin PC games online and which do you think is better?

The main difference would be the same reason consoles are different then the PC, using Xbox Live is less hassle to set up.

And with FFS consoles don't have keyboards.

I never played an online game till I got xbox live.......
    I only played xbox live when I got DSL.........
    Since I got DSL, I upgraded my pc......

All I play now is pc games online......i miss the easy set up and voice coms of LIVE.....but Christ....I am loving the pc gaming

• Advertisement

Yea i have played On line PC games before and its mad fun, I was just wondering if LIVE is the same sorta fun. The Gay thing about live is that theres no good servers so that U can only get 16 players Max, and most games dont support 16 people and its **** hard to find a 16 person server with no lag. Uzami how are you finding PC gaming online with ur cap does it use up alot?

I wont be getting broadband until September, well the end of this year. I have heard as well that I should wait to get Xbox live due to Theres not many games out and there are many Patches needed to fix lag etc. So Until ill get broadband ill see it as time to Start my Libary of Live enabled games. I wonder who Microsoft have choosen as there number 1 Broadband provider for their Live service, Hopefully this will make eircom Bring out a gamer Package, with Higher speeds like 1024/512 with Interleaving on Low or off , just have to wait.

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    I wonder who Microsoft have choosen as there number 1 Broadband provider for their Live service,

No one and I don't think they will be doing so.

The Gay thing about live is that theres no good servers so that U can only get 16 players Max, and most games dont support 16 people and its **** hard to find a 16 person server with no lag.

As I've said before.....the only Xbox Live game that I have played with lag is RTCW....this is probably due to a poor port from the developers.

Uzami how are you finding PC gaming online with ur cap does it use up alot?

yeah......downloading mods and maps is the problem.....:rolleyes: , can't seem to stop...like a kid in a candy shop

Advertisement