Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn Gig

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

well that is on thursday so coola boola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 beretta_surf

hehehe
    Mr Gump, I enjoyed your play ever so much. When will I get to read act 2? I'm still giggling like a schoolgirl. A drunk, slurry schoolgirl. harrr

yeah come on gimp we want more we want more wa want more

i wanna find out how my life finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ok, anyone going to this with my crew tomorrow, we'll leet in handels at 5 pm.
    c u there
    Katy
    xx

u have a crew???????

wow im impressed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

Who are ur "crew" drowny???

i do indeed have a crew
    it consists of me, and my eh..mobile phone.
    we're cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Does the new album include previous singles like "in position" ?

it does indeed it does indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Originally posted by johnnynolegs
    yeah seriously anyone before u smash a bottle in mr. hansards face can u just politely ask if it is actually him just to make sure (phew i should be ok now)

Your more Glen Crowe then Glen Hansard........
    Woo hoo a (slightly) obscure Eircom League reference, thats gotta be a first on these pages :D

• Advertisement

no way if i was going around saying what's the bleedin' story then i would be more like glenn crowe

ah last night at the gig being dragged around by a drunken person who kept introducing me as glen to somewhat confused people who looked at her like she was mad

oh and rocking gig by the way aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

I did'nt goto the gig, i wonder why?

maybe because Turn play like every fortnight.... just maybe?
    anyway the last album launch in the music centre was a little bit more humble.
    no Glen hansard i might add.

Did anyonne notice Royal Tara China Company (in Galway ) is closing down.

My mammy is'nt happy (actually she's surprsiingly up beat...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Great Gig!

Had fun!

Support were a bit shoite!

meh!

Probably goin to see em in Kilkenny too hehe!

Anyway well worth checkin out! Hope you all enjoyed it!

thedrowner certainly did!

Anyway I'm off to buy ice cream Nyom!

Toodle pip!

can i just tell you how much i despise anyone who bought me drink last night? (i know amz was one, JNL's mate was another, wacker....ur all on my hit list :D )
    i spent this mornig vommiting up bright yellow stuff (another colour to add to my impressive multi coloured vommiting list). and im not looking forward to the rollicking/slagging i will get in work tonight.

twas a good gig-the new stuff sounded great
    and yes, the support were crap.

i think i said stuff to ollie at the after show party. oh goodness.

I blame David!

ha ha
    blame the unblameable

ah drowner, if i'd known you were as drunk as i was, i would have poked more fun. as it was, you got off lightly with nothing but a "howya"... after which i must have gone and done gymnastics for 2 hours as i couldn't move the next morning. i pulled every muscle in my body several times over. man alive. good gig, glad i'd seen turn so many times before as i can't remember what they played. their concerts seem to improve under the influence. hmm.

anyway. yeah. good times. amz, nice to finally put a face to the name. and to get corrected on pronounciation of said name. cough.

he he
    yup, ive also managed to banjax my body thanks to various alcohol sponsored moments. between saturday and sunday i have broken 4 ribs, can't talk and ans snapped my calf muscle in 2*

*please note i am exaggerating. i am only experiencing mild pain in these areas. nothing to write home about

/me looks at half written letter and livejournal entry entitled "What thedrowner Did"

*sigh*

Nothing else to write home about to be honest

beretta were u there - i thought it was u i saw but u weren't wearing your glasses am i right

hey drowny don't be blaming my mate for buying u drink what really happened was he got a bottle instead of a pint and rather than just go back with the bottle he gave it to u and went and bought a pint god some people are soooooooooooooooooo ungrateful

:P

• Advertisement

ah johnny, sure that was meself. my newly-lasered eyes were burning up the dancefloor... or the area in front of the stage that i used drunkenly as a dancefloor. i didn't see you there, but then again, i didn't see too much at all to be honest.

haha... just remembering the first time i met you and was trying to figure out who you were off the board. "do you have no legs, by any chance?" i'm an idiot.

ah yes the night in whelans that u were very drunk me remembers - just because i was sitting down on the stage u actually thought i had no legs interesting

yeah u were stadning just inside the door when i saw u behind sandi et al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Pass me a bucket

here you go.....................

*passes bucket*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Ta a

youre welcome

Advertisement