Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

66e - The Sugar Club - Saturday 31st May

Options
  • 20-05-2003 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Endevouring to record, produce and fund our debut album is, needless to say, hard hard work. All help from friends and strangers is invaluable.

Which is why we're coming out of our shell...

THE 66 ELECTRIC play The Sugar Club on Leeson Street on Saturday night 31st of May.

Support is from Neosupervital and i will be providing a visual, ahem, 'feast' on the lovely cinema screen in this quite fantastic venue.

Admission is €8.
    Doors 8.00pm

Neosupervital 8.10 - 8.50
    The 66 Electric 9.00 - 10.15

If this night goes as well as Whelans on the 31st of March it would be amazing as well as really helping on the way to the release which will hopefully be late July.

The first single 'Scrambled Pictures' is released on Monday June 16th.

I've gone on a bit haven't i?

Be well

66e

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

Sounds tasty - good luck with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 amy f

great band, great venue - cant wait :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Y'think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by Damon_Kind
    Endevouring to record, produce and fund our debut album is, needless to say, hard hard work. All help from friends and strangers is invaluable.

Are you looking for donations or people to go to the gig?

Only messing... 8 euro for the visuals alone is a bargain indeed.

• Advertisement

Also, anything from your attic's that you haven't had decent use of for decades could be given to the band and sold for deadly cash if you want.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

I've some old tuppences that are the same size as the 2 euro coin. You could use them to feed the studio meter - you'd get about 5 mins electricity - which would give Ed just enough time off the bicycle run generator to do the vocals for a track.

Yes it is true about the old 2p coins - landlords everywhere are now reaching for their shotguns to go hunt me down - I did it for you guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Yo DamonK,

I'll still planning on going! Even since the last thread you put up on the topic. I just want to know, does the feast involve food at all or is that a misnomer. Are you misleading us sir?

Ah no, I look forward to it, can't wait to see yourselves and Tim.

All the best now

Roxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

I am so skint I may have to sell my Granny...

Fortunately I get paid the day before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i'll be there...cant wait

the virginal sugar club experience

• Advertisement

Would be the same without you, Polarbelly.

i'll pretend there's a "n't " at the end of your would :D

Oh Jesus sorry.

theres a lot of love in this room

If by 'love' you mean 'hate', well then yes there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 amy f

Well done on the article in the Tribune yesterday lads:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

i'm willing to retrieve from the attic, dust down, and pawn off my "Simon" game as contribution in the financial fight for recording time. remember them. that uber-early eighties game with the lights and crazy ass music. also up for grabs is my vast vast collection of micro machines. another possible option running around my head is to auction Ed off as a man slave to some japanese whaling pirates.

Young Team..

Oh wow! I had one of those Simon game things!! You mean the plastic circular thing quartered into four (obviously) colours and you had to mimick the combination and it kept adding one on every time so you needed a really good memory? I loved it! The lights, the noises. God, so simple. So so entertaining.

We are talking about the same thing aren't we.....

...otherwise that was embarrassing..!

I wonder where my one is.

I'm playing 'Hotel' right now. Anyone remember that?

How many hands do you have?

• Advertisement

The very same simon. Hotel eh.... a game to bring out the Gordon Gecko in the youth of the late eighties. greed is good.

Young Team

I'm more of a Patrick Bateman fan myself.

Such was my chilhood that i had a cheap immitation of Simon called mimic...it was a bit c**P.I always wanted a skelectric...but got a cheap immitation also......these things come back to haunt me sometimes...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snakybus

should make it to this - any 66electric mp3s on the web? I want to sing along like

Not as yet i'm afraid.

Me thinks that there will be sheet music and autocue for all songs anyway so your sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Will any of the visuals feature a Dutch crime fighting duo or will we have to wait till another day for their big screen outing???

I'm afraid my comedic creation that is Dutch vice cops tracking down the pimp overlord and the man responsible for the genetically engineered Tai-hat-lo superwhore will not be making an appearance.

But here is the poster.

Can't wait to see that one.

I think I've seen a trailer for it and the special effects make the Matrix look like Tron.

Is it true that Carl Weathers makes a cameo appearance as a rookie cop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement