Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google problem (different one)

Options
  • 20-05-2003 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

After connecting into Irishwan and setting up my browser to connect through a proxy Google is behaving v. strangely indeed.
    I open Google and search for something, anything, and the search results page opens with all the links. When I click a link I get another Google page saying the requested URL is not available on this server.
    Then...
    When I click my home button, anything in favourites or go back a few clicks and click a link on a cached page I just get the Google start page again. I have reset my security settings to default (medium) to allow the normal cookies etc. and IE is set to check for new versions of stored pages automatically.
    Anybody come accross this before?

Edit: Just d/led Mozilla Firebird and it does the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Tried setting your internet cache to zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

No joy.
    1 is the minimum and it still misbehaves the same.

Advertisement