Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will the bottom fall out?

• 21-05-2003 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

After sitting through possibly one of the worst PPV's in wrestling history(Judgement Day), I have to ask that very question: When will the bottom fall out?

The current state of affairs in WWE is atrocious to say the least. With Vince McMahon currently undermining even his own decisions at the moment and with that no-brainer, Chyna wannabe, Stephanie as head writer, we can't possibly forsee a bright future for WWE. We need another revolution in wrestling and it needs to happen soon, otherwise we will have on our hands a second "WCW".

What we need is for the NWA:TNA to negotiate a TV deal and give Vince some sorely needed competition. Either that or a merger needs to occur between the WWA and the NWA:TNA. Until then, I guess all we can do is watch our old tapes, and revel in the great matches of the past, like so many of you have mentioned in the previous post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Dare I say, WWF (sic) used to be good, back in the day. But you'll never see matches like Foley/'taker hell in a cell or Triple H/cactus jack again. WWE has become so watered down lately, its almost embarassing to watch. There is also this bloody vain of patriotism going through it at the mo, they're all mad into the whole Uncle Sam thing, after the battle in Iraq.
    Effectively, its just turned into a childrens programme. I used to watch ECW on sky when it was on, and loved that. Flaming tables, barbed wire and the lot, but if I ever see that on WWE, I'll eat my dog!!!!
    The ar$e has fallen out of it, the PPVs are being held up by a handful of decent talent, its the same matches over and over, McMahon is getting in great talent and squandering it on trivial fueds, the list is endless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Its turned into a bloomin soap opera.....I watch classics occasionaly on sky sports.....and all that used to be was great self promotoion by wrestlers a feud a match and hey presto move onto next feud.

Now its like a bunch of drama queens in a place together.

in saying that though its become ALOT more acrobatic. i love watching the likes of rey mysterio...but WTF did they do with the the lightweights on smackdown? they gave matt hardy the belt and took all the high flying action away from it? that was really really stupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

wwe has a way of surviveing, its us the hardcore fan. But they are makeing the exact same mastakes wcw made before they went under, old talent is good for a cheep pop, put u cant bild the future around it, but this is all HHH seems to be selling to (hogan michals stiner flare and soon nash) they need a wcw to buy their old talent and force them to use their talent, no offence to rock hhh and taker they are brilent but they are now stale, they are the old bring up your christans rvds benioths and especialy spankeys (spankey has "IT") and u will find away out of this hole u have dug.

Advertisement