Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT Business DSL

Options
  • 21-05-2003 9:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I only just noticed that EsatBT is no longer carrying information on the business DSL they provision via unbundled exchanges on their website. The FAQ above seems to imply this has been so for a while now, and I wonder if IrelandOffline has perhaps mentioned this to someone in the Government? Unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe that the taxpayers paid a hefty amount of money towards those unbundled exchanges, and if that's the case I for one would be pretty ticked off that EsatBT is failing to compete in spite of that. Furthermore, if it's not in breach of terms and conditions of the grant scheme, the person that wrote the terms and conditions needs to be taken outside and shot.

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I think they got IEP10m for the rollout to 40 exchanges.

The availability Map is still on the ESAT website. ADSLNOW still resell the product .....and were always good at taking the pain out of getting DSL off ESAT and at no extra cost. Try that route instead.

ESAT Business DSL also has the lowest pings of any DSL in Ireland ...it was and still is the weapon of choice for guru gamers.....

I suspect that the marketing muppets have simply ballsed up the ESAT website......again :D

M

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Deu

I got Esat BT ADSL business, about 1-2 months ago. I had orderd it before Christmass through adslnow but they were of no use. I was told every excuse under the sun as to why it was delayed, at one stage I was told it was because of operation free flow and the engineer could not get access to the exchange. The exchange is Dolphins Barn and I could not see how that would stop the engineer getting to the exchange.

I eventually just got on to Esat BT, they were not much better but at least I was dealing the with the horses mouth so to speak.
    Either ADSLNOW were doing nothing to move along my installation or Esat BT was giving them the run around either way ADSLNOW did me no favours.

Even thought I had loads of hassle getting it in it has worked perfect since day 1 and the engineer who installed it was most helpfully if only the rest of Esat BT was as professional.

P.S.
    I complaied alot and got my installation free. Even thought they then billed me for it.

Regards

Deu

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Does anyone know if the fact that you can get Esat's business DSL means that you should be able to get the RDSL option?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by kmurph
    Does anyone know if the fact that you can get Esat's business DSL means that you should be able to get the RDSL option?
    If your line's actually been tested and passed by EsatBT, then it's quite likely. Eircom have to unencumber lines requested for unbundling, and it's unlikely they'd stick the crap back on it after EsatBT have tested it. That said, I'd imagine EsatBT wouldn't test your line without a contract.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Hmm. Eircom were in touch this morning telling me that my line hasn't passed the test for RDSL as it's not crystal clear or something?

Yet, I've been offered the business DSL service from EsatBT since Christmas via ADSLNow. I even have the order form for it.

???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Originally posted by kmurph
    Hmm. Eircom were in touch this morning telling me that my line hasn't passed the test for RDSL as it's not crystal clear or something?

Yet, I've been offered the business DSL service from EsatBT since Christmas via ADSLNow. I even have the order form for it.

???

Im in the same boat..
    Except I was offered the forms for Eircom's i-solo package.. and when RADSL came out, was told my line doesn't qualify.. Not even for ADSL anymore!

Advertisement