Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Statement: Phantom FM off air

Options
  • 21-05-2003 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

In the light of recent ComReg action against radio stations in the Dublin area, Phantom FM have voluntarily ceased transmissions on our FM frequencies. We hope to resume full service as soon as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

fingers crossed you are back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I need phantom... i need it or i will explode.... it happens to me some times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Is it possible to keep Phantomfm on the internet . you are missed by all my freinds here in the USA... Ly low and see what happens. We dont want to see you lose everthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

wow

Thats Scary. Should I be scared?

Should I?

Startin to get the gitters....

My room feels empty. You make such a differance in my life.

You dont know what you got till its gone huh?.

I LOVE YOU. COME BACK TO ME. I PROMISE I'LL CHANGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cordex

Just an ignorant Yank here ... ComReg sort of like our FCC?

Kind of curious about all this. Seems sort of silly, but I suppose something similar could happen back here in the States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Conor20

Is there an e-mail adress for the radio board guys who award liscences so we can bombard them with e-mails to show them how wrong they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by Conor20
    Is there an e-mail adress for the radio board guys who award liscences so we can bombard them with e-mails to show them how wrong they are?

No, that is something you really don't want to do.... just sit back and wait for Pete and the lads to decide on their next move. Let them do what is neccessary unless they come looking for our help, as bombarding the regulator could do more damage than good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

We would appreciate it if you did not bombard either the relevant authorities or other licenced radio stations with emails/telephone calls at this point in time. WE understand your fustration with the situation but such an action would be counterproductive.

Thanks for your continued loyalty and support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

Yet again, some guy in an office somewhere who has no idea about music, makes a decision that effects us all.

Good luck guys with getting back on air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

what if they target Phantasm next??

Im planning on going along tonight at some stage!
    I just know ill walk into Whelans and be surrounded by all these old guys in bad suits, requesting Boyzone cos they think they're still at the cutting edge of music.

Still, wouldn't be as hard tog et to the bar. Those guys would all be trying too hard to keep control of their bladders.

have I wandered off topic a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oompa loompa

boyzone... ah, they're sorely missed.

yeah guys, this is really sad, i keep turning on the radio to check but it's always just sorta CSSZZCHHHHCCHHCZZ-like.

so hope this all works itself out, keep fighting the good fight!

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm too angrey for words.

good luck lads, we're rootin' for ye.

karma will catch those assholes when they least expect it.

we love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Fingers crossed you'll be back soon, good luck!:(

Brian you should post that on the fronth of Phantoms website w telling people to keep calm and not bombard other sations and td etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Yermahn

Phantom, don't become a ghost! You are missed. You are on my stereo more than local Boston stations. Hurry up back!

Shawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Yermahn

Phantom, don't become a ghost! You are missed.

You are on my stereo more than local Boston stations. Hurry up back!

Shawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lust_hog

Power to the People! The Phantom will never die.

I'm so lost now. I don't know who to listen to on Internet Radio. There are so many choices, and so much mediocrity. I loved the Irish rock that the Phantom played. It had such a great sound to it. I look forward to the grand re-opening of the Phantom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 butterflywings

there has to be something that can be done to save the phantom, seriously, it's such a big part of so many people's lives (not least those of us who don't have one) &it's so so so so wrong that they can force this sorta ****...

ok, so if emails are counterproducrive, and petrol bombs and emails are fairly far apart so far as things in general go, therfore, may bombing the ComReg building (I'll find it, God dammit...) be the solution to the problems?

if not, good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 California Wino

Does the BCI control web casts as well? I don't understand why Phantom can't continue to transmit over the web? I really need to hear it! I am having a miserable week at work without it. The stupid metal building I work in blocks all of the normal radio so all I have is the web radio and I can't find anything that I like half as well! Come back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Where did all these new post-ers come from???

Its like you dont fix something til its broke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jeff

Speaking on behalf of "Pugwash" the band would like to offer any help to "Phantom FM" at this time! Your help over the years to the band has been immense and much appreciated!! Come back soon!!!!! Thomas - Aidan - Shaun - Tosh and all our friends and colleagues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

can i just say how lost i am without phantom! its got me through some bad times & good ones (sob sob) i also cant help but be really bitter about the facism of our stupid country! but i have hope one day my grandkids will rock along to phantom just as i did!:( :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oh crikey, this is awful.

I'm really actually heartbroken.

Phantom woke me up in the morning, kept me awake driving to work, got me home in the evenings, Pete and Pete dispelled my Sunday night misery at having to get up in the morning......

Best of luck with this, I'm keeping my radio tuned to 91.6 listening to fzzzzzzzzzwheeeeedlewhuzzzzzz just as a show of solidarity.

'Last night....everything was right, the rain was gone....so shut your eyes, when you wake up I'll be gone.....'

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

this sucks so much!! :mad:
    hopefully you giys wont be off the air for too long, i need you! :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Why can't Phantom continue to broadcast via the web? I noticed that Freedom92 is continuing to broadcast via the web.

Donegal listener (at least I used to be)! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

The sooner phantom gets back the better!!im doing the leaving cert at the mo and phantom was the only thing keeping me and my mates sane, now its like going cold turkey. "Life without phantom fm will drive you mad" how true a statement that was. and bring back 88.1 aswell cuz i live the back hole of nowhere :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Why can't Phantom continue to broadcast via the web? I noticed that Freedom92 is continuing to broadcast via the web.

Donegal listener (at least I used to be)! :(

The whole purpose of this weekends temporary return to FM is to let people know that they will be continuing on the web only..

Have you been listening to the stream?

The will be contining on the net as of early next week so the djs say Keep an eye on www.phantomfm.com for all the latest news.
    WE want our Phantom back......We want it now ...... all we are asking is give them a licence........ Bring the music to the people and bring it legally. you know who you are you read this board give them a licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

hear hear romey!

long live phantom through the generations

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

no,i'm still watching it, i need it, i wanna see what happens,nooo ...noooooo , WAAAAAA {-gir}

i'm gutted, i go to cork for one week and the world just collapses in on itself.... went on-line tonight to discover all this damn mess!!!

i can't believe it...my room shall be so oddly silent! I'll offer any support and help i can. I'm gonna miss you crazy kids, come back to us soon :(

Advertisement