Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Statement: Phantom FM off air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭²°°³webkev²°°³

You guys where no harm to anybody..
    what they did to all the stations was very wrong
    they should have given you guys your license 4 years ago!!:mad:

But instead they gave it to the people witht the most bucks..

no other service has or will ever equal phantom..you guys mean a lot to a lot of people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Hey , i can't belive your shutting down again, i remember the last time and it was a blow. who will play Metallica or Iron Maiden no other station does! Good luck to pete and the guys and make sure the next move u take is a good one. Always believe in yourself even if u are just the "little guys" in the world of radio.

Luv Metalish xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭saintgaz

Arse! That's all I can say.

You just don't know what you've got till you lose it.

In a moment of weakness, I tuned into the alleged licensed 'alternative' station for Dublin the other day. A mistake I won't be repeating. "You asked for it"? I asked for that like a lame wildebeest asks a pride of hungry lions for a game of chasing. Utter crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

miss phantom already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

truely a classic simpsons quote super_furry .. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

bugger
    i was staying the night in my friends house in bray, i came home turned the radio on, i heard 2fm, i thought phantomfms ariel was blown over or someting BUT NO!! then i hear the station was shut down, what a load of pants, who is going to play good music? certainly not fm104 or 98fm anyways. off to spin fm it is but ill try and listen on the web when i can.

haha i know ur name now yermahn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DeLL

In 2003, a crack commando unit was taken off the air by comreg for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped a maximum security stockade to the Dublin underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...Phantom fm

Keep fighting the good fight !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 playmate

ok im so lost without phantom!

i got talkn a few weeks ago to ppl in da pub bout it, n we decidd that its not jus a radio station, but its like a family! seriouly its always there wen u need cheern up n if youve jus failed exams r been dumped da djs n txters r so supportive n send hugs n stuff which make u all happy again!:)

having envolvement in another pirate stations i understand y u gotta do this n really hope we da listeners arent deprived too long of our fav djs n classic tunes!

we love u guys n wish u da bast of luck wit every thing!

loves n hugs

playmate

;)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 paniniter

here's a stupid question:
    what happened when that country fm crap went down, and phantom was supposed to get the licence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bukowski

Fight the Power... there is no alternative.

Hope phantom gets back where it belongs - the first station tuned in on my stereo - before too long. Good Luck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

country fm are still broadcasting on 106.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

who or what excatly is comreg by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elaine

Hope to hear you back on the airwaves soon!!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭saintgaz

who or what excatly is comreg by the way?

Short for Communications Regulator. Until last December they were known as the ODTR (Office of the Director of Telecommunication Regulations). Basically, if it's got anything to do with radio in this country, they are the law. That includes granting mobile phone licenses (mobile phones are technically just fancy 2-way radios). The latter is where they make their money, well that and the big commercial stations like RTE. So really they don't give a toss about providing a varied public service, just getting the cash in for Charlie to waste is their priority. And it shows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hal L. Uja

Can IU just register my frustration by saying AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!

Will the regulators ever let us listen to good music in peace???

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

my dial is still stuck on 91.6 FM, the space formerly occupied by phantom. i am more willing to listen to static than the garbage served up to us by "legitimate" radio stations.

i think anyone who supports phantom should do likewise, and not listen to any other station- if "legitimate" stations are worried about losing listeners to phantom and other pirates, we should show them that they never had us in the first place!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eric_the_head

I think thats a great idea. I'm with you Bearded chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wicker

Originally posted by beardedchicken
    my dial is still stuck on 91.6 FM, the space formerly occupied by phantom. i am more willing to listen to static than the garbage served up to us by "legitimate" radio stations.

i think anyone who supports phantom should do likewise, and not listen to any other station- if "legitimate" stations are worried about losing listeners to phantom and other pirates, we should show them that they never had us in the first place!!!!

Very valid point....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 meccano

I built an antenna from meccano to listen to phantom. They went off the air.
    It's impossible to listen online in work cos Web-radio channels have been blocked out.

I've got no phantom and I'm going insane! My radio just hisses, It's got 20 programmable channels and they're all tuned to phantom.

come back No-one else plays the wierd stuff I like.

In short.... This Sux!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

We're all rooting for you guys! Phantom needs to continue - the distinct vacuum of good music out there shows us the dire need we have for Phantom's lifesaving work!

Come back to us soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Arthur Peanut

Ah for the love of god whats going on, First Phantoms taken of the air then i hear the Govt. is getting rid of late night thursdays and today they close down lapdancing clubs. Its a bit nostalgic though now we can live like they did in the fifties, Sit in your bedroom every thursday night whacking off to a sexy "foreign" voice on a crackly BBC Radio One. No Phantasm, No Phantom, Phantom must have pissed of some powerful person for all this to happen, Michael Moore can investigate another Conspiracy agaisnt the 'ickle man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I cant get to work now with out feeling depressed. Is there no justice in the world.

Good luck guys.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i no longer listen to the radio:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

If anyones around mallow, Co Cork, tune into freakfm 105.2

www.freakfm.com :)

Moving to the city sooooooon

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Any news about the application for a licence and wotnot or when phantom is likely to be back on the air?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by bort
    Any news about the application for a licence and wotnot or when phantom is likely to be back on the air?
    If they are applying for one of the new licences, then they won't be back on-air any time soon. Getting licence won't be easy as the BCI will no doubt want them to have news services and other such bloatware.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Originally posted by DMT
    If they are applying for one of the new licences, then they won't be back on-air any time soon. Getting licence won't be easy

Dang!
    as the BCI will no doubt want them to have news services and other such bloatware.

Double dang!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭healyron

Originally posted by Hal L. Uja
    Can IU just register my frustration by saying AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!

Was that a slip of the tongue (or finger) - typing IU instead of 'I'. We (IrishUnsigned, or IU) are very paranoid y'know :-)

Advertisement