Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Defeat Board?

Options
  • 21-05-2003 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Since Day of Defeat v1.0 has been the interest in the game seems to be on the up. I was thinking it might be a good idea to give it its own board.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

i agree with dempsey. DOD is a up and comming game and i reckon that it will be a big a CS. A board would be a good idea for new clans in DOD to meet and set up leagues and stuff.
    and u might even get some cs clans playing dod......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 phy_phil

good idea, got my support.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It has my support, but feel free to include topics on the Half Life board.

When was DoD removed from the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Since Day of Defeat has gone retail?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No need for a seperate board for it there isnt exactly overload on the current Half-life forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

haha,

ive been tryin to get a dod board for about a year now, i did manage to get the hl board renamed to hl/tfc/dod

but then tptb changed it back without anyone noticing.......

ah well......

good job if u get one.

two thumbs up from the jimmeh:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Here is a place that monitors public servers for all game types and they have a few stats on mods and world rankings on any player for any game. I've have the Top Mods By Players In Last 31 Days.
    Click on Games>TopMods to see the rankings.

Counter-Strike is top by a country mile and Medal Of Honor: Team Match is second and Day of Defeat is a close 3rd. Battlefield 1942 *cough* is 4th.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have to say i dont support this for the following reasons:
    1) I was proposed a year ago when 90% of posts were DoD on the HL board and the proposition was dropped.
    2) There is not enough DoD stuff to warrent another HL releted board
    3) im sexy.

All of these points, particulary the 3rd, supports my No vote. Its just there isint enough to keep u pa DoD board i am afraid to say. Sorry.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd like to see one (man I love that game) but I reckon it'd be pointless unless there was a bit more DoD related traffic.

Though maybe there would be a bit more if there was a board upon which to brag about your wonder snipsterness etc.

Maybe wait and see if the retail release creates a bit more interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

This would kill the halflife board and then where would we post all our fan boi bl33ting when hl 2 comes out?

Advertisement