Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New ftv card

• 21-05-2003 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anybody have a problem ordering a ftv card from west sat ordered mine three weeks ago and still have not recieved it.I've talked to them and haven't really got a straight reply as to weather they have sent it and email has gone without a reply

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I spoke to Luke a week ago and he told me they were waiting for a new batch of cards to arrive. I called again this Monday and they informed me they are now in. So I've now ordered a card. I noticed my credit card has been debited so I expect the card to arrive by the weekend hopefully.

SkySter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

Could you please pm me West sats contact details please?
    Thanks for the help, Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

west sat replaced my old FTV card (had to send it to them) free of charge. I got the card 2 days ago-whole process took a couple of weeks and card activated witin a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I ordered mine from West-sat nearly 3 months ago, I recieved one of the new type cards but it didnt work...

I am still waiting for a replacement, I emailed Luke and he said "Soon"

:confused:

Hope so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by digitaldr
    west sat replaced my old FTV card (had to send it to them) free of charge. I got the card 2 days ago-whole process took a couple of weeks and card activated witin a few hours.

good stuff. did you send the card over without contacting them or did you get into contact with them first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

I recieved a new Welsh card Monday morning .
    Interesting note: Since BBC moved to 2D, the order in which they appear on the EPG is changed when you call the BBC number.
    After 10 minutes ITV appears, then 10 minutes later ALL of the BBC's appear in one go (including BBC1). Then 3 hours later Channel 4 and Channel 5 appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

are people in the UK getting new FTV cards sent to their home as my cuisn got mine and there is no point in ringing up saying i lost it if SKy are going to send them out anyway.

If have my new SKY card but have not put it in the box until i clear up the FTV crad issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

My understanding on the FTV/Ex Sky sub issue is as follows.

1.Old type cards only used for FTV Channels will not be changed.
    They would only nned to be changed if you reactivated your sky sub at which point you would have to get a new card to view all channels.

2. Existing Sky account holders have obviously got new cards over the last few weeks.

I have two digiboxes. One that just has the old ex UK Sky sub card in and one for my IRish sky sub. I would assume once those boxes are used for their own cards only there will be no problem. The FTV people said that existing FTV cards would not be cut off. They would have no reason to do so.

Anyone agree?

I got my new card today from westsat

hope it works... cant wait to get rid of that sky sub..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

Originally posted by jez
    My understanding on the FTV/Ex Sky sub issue is as follows.

1.Old type cards only used for FTV Channels will not be changed.
    They would only nned to be changed if you reactivated your sky sub at which point you would have to get a new card to view all channels.

2. Existing Sky account holders have obviously got new cards over the last few weeks.

I have two digiboxes. One that just has the old ex UK Sky sub card in and one for my IRish sky sub. I would assume once those boxes are used for their own cards only there will be no problem. The FTV people said that existing FTV cards would not be cut off. They would have no reason to do so.

Anyone agree?

Fully agree.

Old FTV card in bedroom working fine.

New sub box and new FTV card working fine and card swopping is okay.

• Advertisement

My new series 2 FTV card arrived yesterday and I rang West-Sat to enable at 6:00pm. 2 hours later I have all the FTV channels except BBC1. 12 hours later still no BBC1.

Do I wait a while longer or ask for the activation signal to be sent again?

SkySter

SkySter:

I got my card from westsat activated yesterday also, All channels except beeb1 are on right now,

I have heard of people having to wait for upto 48Hours for that to come through....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DTV

Hi
    I would like to get two ftv cards, how can I get as I do not know any one in UK can I get them off this west-sat if so how do I go about it?

West-Sat can be contacted at info@west-sat.com

SkySter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DTV

Cheers thanx

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭mike2084

Do these westsat guys have a website or is it only a email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

I'm still waiting for my card.its been debited from my credit card for four weeks. Luke still has not given a straight reply.He even promised to ring me back twice still waiting, all and all very disappointing.

I'm happy to report that BBC1 finally came through a little over a day and a half after the rest of the channels.

Regarding the west-sat service comment from a previous poster..

The whole process went very smoothly for me and I would use them again. I think it's mostly a matter of timing. If they have cards in stock, then there shouldn't be a problem. I saw no point in ordering until they confirmed they actually had some in.

I get the impression that West-Sat is a one or two man operation and it would be easy for things to fall between the cracks.

SkySter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

I was told when i ordered the card that they were in stock and i could expect the card in a week its the run around since then that has bothered me. I' ve spoken to luke on three seperate occasions since the original order and trying to pin him down to confirm it had been posted was impossible He just would not commit himself. How hard is that.Twice he has promised to ring me back with the details as to what happened to the card but has not.No matter how big the crack is an answer is not an unreasonable request.

My BBC1 just came on this morning too,
    About time after 3 MONTHS!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

I got a card from Luke this morning and I have rang in the details to him. As I forgot to ask him can anyone advise how long it takes to cativate the channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

As you can see from the postings above activation time can be very variable! I got two cards from Luke (one old type one new) - all channels activated in both cases in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

Suppose I have an irish subscription and just require a FTV card to view ITV, channel4 and Five. Does that mean that I would not need to activate the FTV card (as these are free to air channels). Therefore I would just swap the cards as required. I assume I would need to disconnect the phone line while the FTV card is inserted though.

Seems to be mixed reviews of west-sat. how long does it usually take from when you contact them to when you get your card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

No, every card needs an initial activation to switch on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5.
    You may be getting mixed up with the fact that these channels are not box dependent, while the BBC channels are (At the moment).
    So after the BBC goes FTA in 6 weeks, an activated card will work in all digiboxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Are people supposed to disconnect the telephone line when using the card for BBC, UTC Ch4 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

Thanks Carrolls

Is it abad idea to try activating a ftv card on a sky box that is brand new - ie Irish subscrition only active for a week or two. ?

Would this look suyspicious o sky?

Advertisement