Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your most + least favourite 40k charecter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

They're also beautiful models. I was thinking a Biel Tan army with a court of the young king consisting of banshee exarchs, Jain Zar, a whole lot of banshees, some reapers, 3 warwalkers w/ bright lances + starcannons, wraithlord and falcons. All admissable because of biel tan aspect warrior rules :D That would cause PHEER but at the same time look ssssoooo pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The points cost would be huge tho and you wouldnt take much firepower, would need a few falcons to get in close.

Fire power in reapers and falcon pulse cannons (OMG THOSE GUNS ARE LIKE WHOA)

If you want firepower, go for a Fire Prism, them things are VERY nasty when they fire, Lascannon with a blast marker :o

I don't particularly like blast markers, they only really ever hit 2 people, 2 1/2 at most. Pulse cannon = Lascannon with D3 shots, good for taking out bike squadrens etc

• Advertisement

You cant argue with a battle canon tho, 1 shot, 1 mashed up squad :)

I always liked my Fire Prism, good for taking down command squads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I'm currently loving the new cadian models, they are really sweet. Hated models? Anything I tried paint yellow for imperial fists :(

Battle cannon - Massive ordnance marker that'll incinerate about 6 models at a time

Prism cannon - lil blast marker which'll hit 2 1/2 models at most. I'd just rather pay the extra 5 points for a falcon because you're actually getting more firepower from it plus it can carry troops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Earthshaker cannon tbh.

Mmm, strength 9 AP2 Ordnance weapons...

And double Mmm, for looted Ork weapons...:D

Looted ork vehicles, fun fun. about as reliable as a chaos Dreadnaught :)

Put an earthshaker on-top, and you have the most unreliable spam cannon in history (seen a guy kill 8 of his own orks with one of these).

• Advertisement

Sure it wasn't me? :)

Anyway, I'm off to look for more nice piccies of models.

I shall return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Joe-Pie

I only really started playen from 3rd edition on.
    Doomrider sucked balls but some of his parts are good for slanneshi convos. Xypher kicks ass. So does logan grimnar.

BYATCH!!!!!!!!

Special characters look nice, but I really prefr not using them in games. They tend to detract from the tactics and skill needed. If you need an Avatar or Kharn the betrayer, or the Nightbringer, or whoever to win a battle, you're doing something wrong. I buy the odd special characher all right, but rarely do I use them when I could take along another whole squad. It's less certain, and if you win, it's because you were luckier/cleverer, not because a death machine took out a 30-strong squad on turn one...

In 3rd ed special charecters arent unstoppable beats like they were in 2nd ed, in 2nd ed a bloodthirster could EASILY wipe out a whole 10man space marine squad in 2 turns, then fly on to his next squad to wipe out, he was insanely strong, now hes powerful, but not unstoppable.

I rarely use special char's myself, but I like the odd game with abaddon for sheer kickar*e'ness as hes a superb charecter killer, and good against the likes of terminators/vehicles with that deamon sword, but against mass's of small troops he's not worth his points cost. Id somettimes take Kharn too, just for the fun of him, especially against a light army like Imperial guards, he really cuts them into iddy biddy pieces if he gets close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Tbh i have a thing about special characters in 40k. i believe the ones detailed in the codecs are grand for set battles and re-enactment or scenarios, however i'd much rather convert a model or two, build a history around em, the odd slick weapon (gifted by chaos of course :horned: ) and adjust the points of a chaos lord/champion etc. to suit.

It suits the game play of 40k more. very few battles are gonna contain these special characters who usually are very high ups, and a skirmish of a 1000 points or so wouldnt really. whereas you're much more likely to find a leader who isnt special enough to be mentioned normally but may be perfectly suited for the scenario. i much prefer the idea of playing to the story than playing to the rules.

Ah but you gotta have some favourites, I just love the eldar attitude. All the stories about maugan ra and eldrad in recent white dwarf's are great. They're not your typical heroes because they're not human but i cant help but admire them

Aye, ditto. They make for great skirmish games too. Think of a 40K scale Inquisitor campaign based on Abaddon and his bodyguard as a strike team behind Imperial battle lines, Arhiman and a couple of Thousand Sons searching for knowledge, or maybe Chaplain Cassius and a small Tyranid kill-team doing a deep strike in the bowels of an infested hive city...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Aye..but if i use set characters i couldnt convert as much. and i heart conversion core (really must start collecting an army again)

Nothing to stop you converting an existing character... Abaddon converted so he's swing his sword in the middle of a battle would look cool . :)

Me no like abbadon, hes mean. Eldrad would pwn him in stories, mebbe on battlefield...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

For me, It has to be Cypher, as the Galaxy's most famous marine.
    Looking forward to finding out what GW have in store for him.

I was a Dark Angel player and now Chaos/Fallen- have Cypher leading a 15 strong marine squad of fallen Dark Angels-just perfect for hunting space puppies.

Most hated- Seer Fething Council.- my Chaos lord is looking forward to fighting them and chomping down on them.

see ya at GaelCON!
    :horned:

They say cypher is one of the most enigmatic characters in 40k... bs. He's an ex dark angel that commited some atrocities and wasnt content being one of the 'unforgiven' so set off on his own agenda. He's just a wussy marine that will have his head explodinated by eldrads mind war BEEHATCH

I wont argue that cypher is one cool fecker, but he isnt that great in a fight unfortunately for his cost. If your getting him get him for style only. I love his style so much I converted one of my Khorn Beserker's into the cypher pose, with a bolt pistol and a plasma pistol, and got one of the swords and put it on his hip, he looks pretty good :)

He smells

How can you not like a guy with a gun in each hand?

If it came to sexiness with weapons i'd go with master of blades. He > Cypher.

I liked Makari :D

Makari looked feckin class, pity he was kinda poo in battle.

Coolest IMO would probably be Astrubial vect, theres just something about a darkeldar lord on a ravager that reeks of 'kick arseness' :)

I want to see a model for commanding an Eldar Harlequin army. Those guys are cool.

Nah, i like the craftworld eldar a lot better.

Actually, we're all forgetting the dark angels characters, those guys ARE cool. I'd love to see Asmodai alone in a room with Cypher... Azrael rocks but not near as much as the helmet barer... The scouts guy is a bit stupid but ah, they cant be TOO cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

how could anyone not like any of the UM characters

Marneus - Gauntlets and high WS and btw you dont get combat bonuses hawr hawr.

Invictus - Plasma blaster and can equip his entire terminator squad with wargear :P

Helviticus(i have the skulls model) - have him and you can kiss goodbye to psychology rules :P

And the chaplin, cant find my book to recall his name, but i always slapped him inside an assault squad with jumppacks when i was facing tyrannids, err nope fear doesnt work hawr hawr.

but my all time fav char has to be,
    Nork Deddogg the ogryn :P
    funneh

Advertisement