Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comments Please - IrelandPages.com

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

irelandpages.com won't load for me for some reason... but anyway

I worked for a crowd a few years ago that created "the most advanced business directory in Ireland". I designed I dunno how many hundred websites for them, the basic "this is my business, heres what I do" kinda things. They had hundreds of sales reps all over Ireland flogging the idea. It worked marvellously... for about 18 months. Then it all went horribly wrong. Thousands of subscibers became very pissed off very quickly.

It's a good idea webmonkey, as long as it's properly managed. To draw a direct comparison, the crowd I worked for had TV, radio & print ads running constantly to get their name out there. They had about 30 full time people ringing every business in the phone book informing them they were entitled to a free listing but could upgrade to a subscription for X amount per annum. It was actually rather scary how fast it all came together.. even scarier how fast it all fell apart. Just be careful and don't rely on anything that has anything to do with the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by rymus
    irelandpages.com won't load for me for some reason... but anyway

I worked for a crowd a few years ago that created "the most advanced business directory in Ireland". I designed I dunno how many hundred websites for them, the basic "this is my business, heres what I do" kinda things. They had hundreds of sales reps all over Ireland flogging the idea. It worked marvellously... for about 18 months. Then it all went horribly wrong. Thousands of subscibers became very pissed off very quickly.

It's a good idea webmonkey, as long as it's properly managed. To draw a direct comparison, the crowd I worked for had TV, radio & print ads running constantly to get their name out there. They had about 30 full time people ringing every business in the phone book informing them they were entitled to a free listing but could upgrade to a subscription for X amount per annum. It was actually rather scary how fast it all came together.. even scarier how fast it all fell apart. Just be careful and don't rely on anything that has anything to do with the internet...

I agree there with you...

If we ever continue kerrypages, we are going to make it so they get a" website" instead of an ad in our directory. I doubt the customers would be pissed off as they are the ones that have to do the marketing. Advertising is always the hardest thing :rolleyes:

O well, i have hardly no time anymore ;)

Advertisement