Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrupt Data in online??

Options
  • 21-05-2003 10:52pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, after buying bf1942 there, after numours crc erros from installioning from the cd, I installed from iso's I had, which I could play single player perfect,
    But now, when I try to play online, the map seems to load, and then it goes back to multiplayer screens saying "corrupt data" when i click ok, the game exits...
    I can play instant battle, and this is really annoying me, after buying a new joystick an all.. :(
    Any ideaS?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

return the cd.

buy BF in another store.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea I am gona bring it back, but my main issue here is the corrupt data, the things I have found so far are that there are kinda different version of DC.35 such as 'E' and 'N' and 'M' etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi Lenny,

is it possible that you simply haven't the rigth maps?

This error occurs in DC when you try to play a map that you don't have installed (or: it used to happen on my installation).
    Or you don't have the right version of DC (no 0.35).

But as far is I know: the differences between DC 0.35 N,M or what ever are so minor that it should run with all of them.

jow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I bought the game yesterday merc :)

I got it working now.. the slight difference was that the E version is 187 megs.. while the n version is 137 megs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Damn warez monkey's.

There is a big differance between DC .3n and .35e. Not just the 50Mb, many bug fixes etc. If you got a fecked up CD from a store bing it back and give out to them and talk about how the good was not of quality etc... though you should not of had to talk about that... yea anywhy. Have fun with BF :D

Yea, I brought the game back to virgin and said it to yer man, he gave me a new one no hassle and asked me to check the back,
    I saw that had weird little splotches on the cd aswell, so he gave me a different one, which had a few of them, I told him I'd give it a try and get back to him.. now have 3 cd keys, lol

Advertisement