Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett's DVD(+-)R/RW...problem!

• 21-05-2003 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Just received the spanky new NEC 1300 Combo drive today. Has anyone else tried it?

I had Nero 5.5.9.14 (v.recent) installed with my old CDRW; on replacing said CDRW with new drive, Nero refuses to detect it as a CDRW or DVDRW! All I have is the choice of "Image Recorder".

Any ideas? nero.com is hopeless; there was an updated wnaspi32.dll file to download, but fat lot of good that was.

Reinstalling Nero does jack as well.

Thanks in advance

RC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

this is just a shot in the dark but im not sure if nero does dvd's
    maybe im way off here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

it does. When my old CDRW was installed, it asked "What sort of disc do you want to create?" with CD, DDCD and DVD as choices, the latter 2 being blanked out.

Besides, the DVDRW drive acts as a CDRW anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The newer version of nero writes dvd's.
    can't tell ya whats it like yet as i'm still waiting on same writer to come from komplett :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Hey i had the exact same problem with my NEC1100a DVD+R writer, nero wasent detecting my drive. Go to the nero site and download the newest version and it should solve the DVD burning problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

by the way the nero im using is 5.5.10.20 - think i had a pretty new nero aswell, hope this gets u out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

If the copy of Nero you have came with your old cdrw then it's possible it's been locked to work only with that model. I know the copy I have is locked to my cdrw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

There is a file,
    can't remember what its called but it has updated information for new dvds as they come out, so that DVD, CD burning software can recognise them.
    Do some googling and you should find it.
    But rest assured all you have to do is download that file and you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

also, try choose recorder, one of the menu options in nero.
    Then assuming it recognises your dvd burner you can set nero to use it from that option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

Aha!

Didn't realise that the downloadable demo of nero on the website was also an update for full version owners! Result!

Big up to "LOKI"...nice one.

Thanks y'all

RC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Indeed... update Nero to latest version (5.5.10.28)

• Advertisement
Advertisement