Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom or Esat?

Options
  • 21-05-2003 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Just got line installed to new office in portlaoise and am trying to decide whether to get broadband with eircom or esat. Thinking bout getting the 512 line or maybe even the 1mb if we can afford it. Any opinions from people who use either of these? Im swaying towards esat purely because they are a bit cheaper and dont charge for the modem, but is that modem **** and whos service is better. I just want speed and reliability.

Any opinions from anyone who has dsl with either company greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

I wouldn't touch either Eircom or Esat's offerings with a bargepole.

I am in the proces of signing up with Netsource. The are a little more expensive, but not much. For you're extra few yokes a month you get an uncapped service, a fixed IP address, and a company that actually knows a thing or two about customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

live in portlaoise. Eircom or Esat are my only options.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

Not true.

Netsource operate out of Eircom exchanges and are automatically available from any exchange that Eircom DSL is available from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BlackFlag

I have a 512/256 Business line from Esat and as kind as they are it is actually 608/320 :D

I have it 2 weeks now and it is absolute class,I ping 18-38 on English game servers and in most cases better than English adsl users themselves........download speed up to 64 if site is decent.

Eircom are wasters pure and simple.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by pclancy
    Just got line installed to new office in portlaoise....

Thinking bout getting the 512 line or maybe even the 1mb if we can afford it.

Well first off I'd say your on about Esats Business package €90 per month for 512K???
    If so, then there's NO CAP on that service and you can use it as much as you like, same goes for there 1 and 2MB offerings.

imho I'd go for Esat, infact I am going for Esat in Waterford

• Advertisement
Advertisement