Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

comedian dvd

• 22-05-2003 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

got my comedian dvd today in the post.
    i just finished watching it.
    it's pretty good, nice to get a little insight into the world of standup and how difficult it is.
    there are a good few extras, but i haven't watched them yet.

the documentary focuses a fair bit on orny adams - man, this dude has got some serious issues he needs to work out. he's definetely a candidate for a shrink. wished it just focused on jerry and would like to have seen the hour+ of material he came up with in the end - hopefully he'll do another hbo special and release it on dvd.

man it would be great if he came to ireland - no chance of that though, dude never left america, i'd say!

would love to see that standup from bill cosby, jerry and chris rock seemed blown away by it - rock said it was "killer!".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I got it too in the post I enjoyed it a great insightful view from Jer and the stresses and strans of comedy. I wish he would come too but he came to London a few years ago.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Enjoyed watching it again.

You do know Orny Adams is performing in the Murphy's Cat Laughs Festival this weekend in Kilkenny.

Unfortunaltely I cant go, although I'm not sure whether I'd like to see him. His "comic" status is still pending IMO, and although he has the same manager and perhaps some of the analytical work ethos of Jerry he has a long way to go. The main thing he has to do is be able to take constructive criticism on the chin- something he seems to be unable to do.

--
    After watching it again, I went on a Bill Cosby download frenzy. I forgot how funny he actually is!!

Advertisement