Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Audigy

• 22-05-2003 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Does anyone know if I can use the Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 PCI
    Firewire port to take DV images from my sony camcorder and into Pinnacle for editing ? In other words does it support input and output ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

cant say for certain but it would be pointless otherwise? Why not try creatives website for full specs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

why else would they be put there? firewire is both input and output. i dont think you can even get just input or output even if you wanted to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

Thanks,

I think the same but wanted see if anyone was using or knew for sure. I hame emailed Komplett but no reply so far. The specs on the web site only refer to (you can write large files to external storage devices) so bland enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

only way to be certain is to test.

It's a firewire port but it's called sb1394 because it uses more stringent standards than a regular firewire port. The idea is that devices would come and say if they are sb1394 compliant. If it's just regular firewire there's no guarantee that they will, but probably should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Yeah you'll be alright dosfromclare.
    I too have an Audigy card and use my iPod with the firewire connection. It transfers back and forth no probs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

yes it works.
    Thats what the port is for. We have tested it.

It works without problems. :D

Regards,

jow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by astrofool
    only way to be certain is to test.

It's a firewire port but it's called sb1394 because it uses more stringent standards than a regular firewire port. The idea is that devices would come and say if they are sb1394 compliant. If it's just regular firewire there's no guarantee that they will, but probably should.

Its called an SB1394 because Apple in their wisdom trademarked firewire and thats why you never see firwire ports on PCs.

Its firewire all right but not in name.

Advertisement