Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV out cable

• 22-05-2003 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I have an Asus V9180 GeForce4 MX440-8X 64MB DDR AGP. It has TV-Out but no cables. What sort of cables do I need - as in what do I ask for if I'm in a shop? Or if anyone can supply a link to such cables on komplett it would be even better :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

U neeed an s-vhs video cable.

U can get them in peats

http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?q=s+vhs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This question is posted so many times here that it needs its own forum.. well not really since its pretty obvious...

Firstly the link provided tells you what connection it is...as well as the picture. its S-Video (click show specs).

Secondly it depends on your TV.. if it takes S-Video then get an S-video lead.. if it only has composite then get a converter to convert it then a composite lead. Also dont forget to count the holes for the pins on the back of the video card and the pins on the cable you get.. come types have different configurations and we cant tell you what to buy.. its up to you to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Apologies that it was a FAQ. I checked back through the last ten days posts and searching boards didnt give any useful results (you can't search for "tv out" :/ ).

So if my TV has a coax connection only the S-Video cable should do it (as long as pin count / layout is correct), or if i have SCART a converter like this should do it?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thats fine along with the s-vid cable logistic posted... i assume its the correct pins... his is 4 so count yours. I have an s-video at home with 6 i think on one of the devices so just to be sure.

Advertisement