Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Theme tune

• 22-05-2003 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

First saw enterprise in ucd when the first episode was aired after it being obtained from the states some how anywho the music comes on and theres tittering and giggling all round. However the music has grown on me (grown on me like a fungus) and sure enough i'm embrassingly going to admit to have it downloaded (and the full version) and sure enough also singing along when i watch the episode :o.

so who else likes it, hates it, has also had it grown on them, or just thinks the music that comes on sound be in the tradition of star trek being for the most part instrumental?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i hate it, with a passion. everytime Enterprise starts i hit the mute
    button. has to be the worst decision ever made for a tv show.

ugh!

Dataisgod... you should be ashamed. Delete that file at once! :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i've got the russel watson sort version and then rod stewart to bang out the whole lot :)

heh. seriously though, imho that tune, or any like it, has no place
    in Star Trek. it's just.. too Dawson Creek! i'm actually
    disappointed in the producers everytime i see (cos i mute it
    remember!) it!

terrible tune!

seriously indeed, it was a departure from tradition and i think the creators where trying to make a statement about the show by doing so and trying to encompass what star trek is all about or the state of earth after WW3 and the current situation on earth around archers time (mid 2100's ?), i would what roddenberry would have thought of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I've watched most episodes so far but I still haven't warmed to the show. The characters are a bunch of self-righteous, pontificating wusses. The theme song is entirely appropriate.

• Advertisement

i bet roddenberry **** himself. royally! i still think they could've
    done a lot better in their decision. it definitely wasn't a trekkie
    who chose it! damn marketing ppl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

Its so cheesy.

" been a long road getting from there to here"

Cheesetastic!

and to Wollymammoth - u need to respect Paula Cole* more, she had some great songs. Do u not remember "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone"?

Respect the Cole!!!

* Dawsons Creek Lady

what? who? :confused:

ya i remember that song, not bad, but not really my kinda music.

that enterprise one still sucks ass though!

Cheesetastic is quite a good description!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah dataisgod i kinda agree with you. I got a dodgy vhs from the us and a gang of mates all sat around to watch the first epp and we all cringed at the music at first.
    Now ot has grown on me though im not as sad as you to go and down load it, not yet anyway, now where is my kazza shortcut again.

so yeah i hum along with it and to me it is star trek these days. I rember going to see the trek show in Mosney years ago and getting the rousing felling hearing the next gen music as i entered the exhabtiion. Enterprise may do the same for me some day. It was unuasual for them to go with a song rather than an instrumentl i supose and is sounds so american, when we like to think of trek as multi racial and not such an american nationilist universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think the intention was to "seperate" it from the whole Star Trek image - hence the vocal theme tune/different style credits etc - I think they were trying to make it appeal as a stand alone show.

As for the theme itself...the jury is still out on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

That Mosney exhibition was great, although everyone had taken the buttons off the transporter as 'souvenirs'.

The theme song is a mixed bag, but I certainly wouldn't miss it if they changed it to a more orchestral theme next season as romoured.

Ah now there is no need to change it, as I said Cheesetastic! when does cheesiness earn such a bad rep???

Cheesists!!!!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I don't think its too bad, although the "alternative" that they were considering was more traditional and was better in my opinion.

DS9 changed their theme half way through, maybe the same will happen to Enterprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blackadder

it doesn't matter what the intention was. it sucks. great big moose dicks.

oh shocking i can't recall ds9's theme tune changing (sure i noticed it when i was watching it though) shame on me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    oh shocking i can't recall ds9's theme tune changing (sure i noticed it when i was watching it though) shame on me :eek:

Yeah, watch an old episode and a new one. Its the same tune but twice the speed or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Personally i like the theme. Its a remake of a song. I don't believe its actually original or made specificly for Star Trek.

It gave me shivers down my spine when i heard it. In the good way!

I remember that change! its difficult to notice but it started when DS9 got good circa season four - the way of the warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

in my view they speeded up the ds9 team song inorder to cut down the on screen time and also to give it a more "war" feel fast and action like not slow and dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

Its very insparatinoal.

In order to attract new fans thats the kind of thing they need, get rid of the usual opening and take "star trek" out of the title

• Advertisement

Inspirational??? How so? are u inspired to act Cheesy? :D

the producers of Ds9 voyager and akirapirse ****ed star trek up and changed it into just one more hybrid action/sci fi alot of fighting and little brain

so so unlike Star trek Tng

Now Bizmark what has that to do with the theme song of enterprise? As for you opinion, i think all star trek shows have that hybrid quality of "action/sci fi - alot of fighting and little brain". Fortunately that's all im looking for, not rock science!!!

P.s - is this post gonna be become controversial? LETS HOPE SO!!!:D

thats not true

Tng always tryed to avoid fighting even though the galaxy class was showen to be massively more powerful that most of its enemys and even those that the E-D wasnt more powerful that they mostly retreated like anyone that likes their life would

compear that to ds9 where the fed fleet jumped in size by about 1000 times compeared to what was shown on tng (fair anuff sfx where getting much better aloneing them to show more ships and big battles)

or voyager no matter what attacked them they could win .......16 borg cubes brign in on !!!! :confused:

and now enterprise (whos team song is rubbish
    their i saved the massively off topic post of mine LOL) seems to show every single race that the ship comes into conntact with as being far stronger and fair more aggasive .......... with those type of enemys it seems unlikely the FED would have come into exstents at all

so their thats why i thing its gotten worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Spock
    Its very insparatinoal.
    It's inspiring alright! Inspired me to switch channels right after hearing it!

Nah I tell a lie. The boring characters, excessive 'buddy-ness' and corny references to future technologies inspiring me to kick this one into touch right after the pilot. Not even Scott Bakula could save that tub.

Star Trek was about exploring 'what's out there', not 'what was' and that's why this show sucks! Oh yeah, and that tune sucks donkeyballs as well. It should be on an ad for gilette razors or something!

GILLETTE, THE BEST A MAN CAN GET!

It shows us mans reckless pursuit of knowledge and adventure and i love it. Those of us that went to the Star trek convention in London on Janurary remember the great reaction (well, small reaction) when they said they'd try to get the guy who sings it to come to the next convention, to sing for us all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Have to say its grown on me too.

alot different to the usual Star Trek Intros. They could use a bit more non-american clips at the start though. At least theres the ISS and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Worst theme music ever. By God it has to be the most inappropriate star trek theme I've ever heard, I mean seriously now, were they really thinking about star trek when they chose it? Maybe they got it mixed up with some super-cheesey show about cheese.

• Advertisement

thats just it though, they were not thinking about star trek because they are trying to attract more people to the show other than trekkies

Advertisement