Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grundig Digibox Fubar?

• 22-05-2003 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

This is odd... and before anyone says it.. i searched boards... its mentioned in passing and i tried everything that was said could help.. i even posted a few tips myself in some cases!

Right for the past few months every now and again my digibox turned off and reset. More often if i was using + and - buttons toe surf through channels! Anyway now its more every time i turn it on.. if i change the channel to anything below 501 (sky news) it dies... It starts on the intro (998) and i can go anywhere as far down to 501. I can also flip the sky card.. load up the FTA EPG and use all of those. I can use Sky active (though not the part that uses the phone as i dont have it connected). I can use text. Its a pain as i cant watch Sky 1 (main channel i watch) and am forced to use cable (not as good quality!).

Here is what i tried.. i tried a hard reset... i also tried a forced download (took about 10 mins). No joy!!

Anyway i will see if i can try in my friends house at the weekend. If it happens there i know its foobar. By the way this was happening before i got the new card... though maybe not as much!!!

One good thing is... its almost 3 years old (July i think) but i took out 3 year extended warranty with Dixons.. maybe i can get it sorted then if it is the box... Would be sweet!!

So anyone know of anything else that can cause this?

Advertisement