Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You can now subscribe to your favourite Journals.

Options
  • 22-05-2003 5:47pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

You can subscribe to a journal now. We wanted to get this option before releasing it to everyone cos the Journal system doesnt scale to the size we are that well.

Anyway, you can now subscribe to a journal just like you'd subscribe to a forum. It will then turn up in your list and you *should* get a star when its updated. (we havent tested that bit).

This is the last thing we needed before going live so we'll probably do that on Monday. (friday being a BAD DAY to put anything live).

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Amp now has pride of place at the very top of my subbed menu. Well done amp, there's a silver star for your forehead in the post.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Will that work for the UserCp too as well as the subbed drop down? I don't get Javascript or DHtML whatever it is, very well.

Going live on a Friday with anything is a sure fire for disaster.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

no we hacked the DHTML and the Journals to work together. Just seemed like a good idea to me.

DeV.

ps: if the DHTML isnt working for you, why not talk to us about it and lets see if we cant fix it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It would be nice on this page:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/journal.php

to have a list of all the journals so you can browse through them rather than just the ones with the most entries.

Just cos it's easy to miss who has one if your only way to find is peeking underneath their avatars skirts.

So to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ecksor's journal is full of interesting surprises Dapper.

Oh, and how would one unsubscribe from the journal of choice? Am I doing my blind uncircumscribe thing again, or is it actually not possible this time?

DeV, should I Bugtrack this DHTML problem (or as a running joke in our office "open a case")? Because it has already been mentioned on Admin and Feedback 3 times or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Doesn't seem to me to be working properly. The link in the subbed menu is bringing me to the journals index.

Seems you've left &action=view out of the query string in the URL.

e.g.: Linking to DeVore's Journal from subbed menu takes me to: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/journal.php?s=&journalid=98 - which doesn't work and just displays the Journal index.

Linking to DeVore's Journal from the Journal index takes me to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/journal.php?s=&journalid=98&action=view - which works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/www.boards.ie/vbulletin/dhtmlmenu_subbedjournal.php:53) in /usr/local/www/www.boards.ie/vbulletin/admin/functions.php on line 1702

Got that error when i tried to sub to bard weblog. (I wanna hear about the people in No 3)

It never apperead in my subbed menu either.

Looks like you should have held off launching subscribe to a journal till monday as wel..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by irishgeo

Got that error when i tried to sub to bard weblog. (I wanna hear about the people in No 3)

Wow... guess I'll have to write about them now...

[edit]: error I was reporting is gone. obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

All should be ok now.

If you get any problems with it, please mail me :)

Dan

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That journal_list thing will get hacked into the main journal script at some point soon (hopefully before the hordes on Monday).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I didn't actually say which Monday. *cough*

Anyway, anyone who wants to test or comment on the little drop down box thing at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/journal.php now please do.

Advertisement