Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRIACO story?

Options
  • 22-05-2003 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anybody know when the FRIACO chrages are coming in. The BT/Esat NetSmart type products do not suit me. I want fixed charge, 1 access number, anytime.

Will it apply to ISDN lines. Will it apply to both channels or will it be FRIACO per channel.

I just rang Eircom, then don't seem to know anything.

I can't face many more monstrous internet bills.

Is this something that is going to slip out until 2005?

Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Around about June 25th 2003 for a release.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

If eircom have their way yes it will be pushed out to 2005, they rely on your horrendous bills for their income, it is suprising how little information seems to be about for something thats supposed to be available in months time i think the phrase i'll beleive it when i've signed up and i'm running with it and then i'll definitly be hitting myself round the head with a bit of 2 by4 to wake myself up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Comreg will rely on the USO to 'create tariff packages' or to mandate Eircom to bring in a NEW product...

While the legal framework will exist on the 25/7/03 (July yes, not June) , Comreg is reputedly all muddled up in a classic Etain type dilemma. Etain believed that her thoughts, before the 25 July, are open to challenge in the courts. Therefore she has sent word down to the minions, do not think thoughts, and if you dare do so then do not publish them where they may leave us open to challenge on grounds of 'ultra vires' and the like.

You will note that Comreg are not issuing new documents on their site now, except about Postboxes in Driveways. No decisions or thoughts or consultations have gone on the website in 3 weeks or so. This sad state of affairs could last until Dermot Ahern completes the transposition , 25/07/03 Thought and action will be allowed after that date, by law. The Comreg crew will go on holidays for weeks around then to celebrate, they will be back in September.

The USO which will definately absolutely allow FRIACO as a mandated new package over the objections of Eircom no matter what ..............is now due in November or December and yes I can confirm that its November or December 2003, see this
    Post only yesterday where someone was told so by Comreg.

Ring up Comreg yourself and ask!

Is it now 100% certain that FRIACO will be a live product, available for purchase from an Irish Licenced Telecommunications Comnpany on the 25 June 2003, as Comreg directed in the spring

Do post their prevarications and equivocations in here for our delectation.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Muck
    Ring up Comreg yourself and ask!

Is it now 100% certain that FRIACO will be a live product, available for purchase from an Irish Licenced Telecommunications Comnpany on the 25 June 2003, as Comreg directed in the spring.
    Although ComReg say that retail products will be available then, what they really mean is that it will be possible for telcos to provide it then. The actual wholesale FRIACO has been mandated to be completed by then but it does not mean that other companies will provide retail products by then.

UTV have said that they will be providing services based on FRIACO around then but that is down to UTV, not ComReg.

Although Eircom are free to challange the FRIACO decision, they have not done so yet, to my knowledge and doing so does not get them out of FRIACO until the court decision has been made.

Advertisement