Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource DSL Problem tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

yea, i got that phonecall aswell. i guess i'll just have to use it all weekend now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

I hope Netsource are going to refund all users effected by this downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

I had the same authentication problems this morning but its back now - thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Back online before the 2pm deadline :p

Could be a good weekend afterall....

carb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

yep it came back for me at 1:35pm after router was trying to reconnect all morning :cool:
    also i did not change any settings for reconnection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yep back here to :)

Opps, better get to work :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thomasb

Eircom have confirmed to us they have found the problem and fixed it.

I am about to call to get a proper explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by thomasb
    Eircom have confirmed to us they have found the problem and fixed it.

I am about to call to get a proper explanation.

Yes Thomas , €ircon could cost ye customers at this rate , I'd give them hell if I was you....

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thomasb

I spoke to Eircom.

Bit of background: when a netsource RADSL customer connects to the DSL service, he initiates a PPPoE connection which is picked up by an Eircom BAS, which then forwards to us over an L2tP tunnel. The Eircom BAS does this by seeing the username is @netsource.ie, and querying an Eircom RADIUS server for the tunnel details.

Apparently the primary server failed last night, and the tunnel details were not configured correctly into the backup server. Eircom assure me they have fixed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

I'm suddenly down to about 20% bandwidth...what's up? I've been connected to Netsource RADSL for 3 weeks now without a hitch.

Should I disconnect & reconnect? Is there any danger of not being able to reconnect if I do so?

RC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Originally posted by thomasb
    Apparently the primary server failed last night, and the tunnel details were not configured correctly into the backup server. Eircom assure me they have fixed this.

Thanks for the info.

Eircom were having trouble with their dsl stats webpage, due to connection difficulties. This seemed to start yesterday. When did Eircom inform you of the failure? If they delayed telling you, wouldn't they be ..... (exercise for reader to fill in regulatory consequences).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by disco_rob_funk
    I'm suddenly down to about 20% bandwidth...what's up?

maybe its because carbsy and Ando are logged on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

connection packed in altogether 20 mins ago, am back up now.

Tech support muttered something about a hardware failure somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    I hope Netsource are going to refund all users effected by this downtime.

Dont be stupid!! Why should they? And what downtime costs you money????

I hate people with attitudes like this... These things happen and in this case it was not even Netsource's fault!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Originally posted by disco_rob_funk
    connection packed in altogether 20 mins ago, am back up now.

yup, its going very slow at moment, 20% bandwidth is accurate figure :)
    After re-connecting its still the same :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Saruman
    Dont be stupid!! Why should they? And what downtime costs you money????

Oh, lets see, Teleworkers maybe, like web designers, graphic artists, Consultants, Software Engineers, pretty much anybody working from home.

Remember Netsource are a business ISP and in business time is money. As a business ISP they have a higher standard to maintain.

Not that I would look for compensation off them (if it was Eircom on the other hand :), however it certainly wasn't a stupid question.

Advertisement